Cypress Green Beret

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by g2_loony_bin, May 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this may have been covered before but are there any QMs that actually dish out the proper green beret of our beloved Corps and not the poxy All Girls Corps one?

I am annoyed to be "mistaken" for a clerk and I need to have that "Esprit De Corps"...

Someone help before I speak more French, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
  2. Not the answer your looking for, I know, but try drop zone supplies. Small crown berets, delivered for £12 (approx). Not a huge price to pay for peace of mind.
  3. I'm with Loony_Bin on this one, I think some sort of hate campaign should be started against all QMs that lump AGC and Int Corps into the same bracket. If I ever get mistaken for AGC again then you will be hearing about it on sky news.
  4. I recently misplaced my beret and was told by the helpful civvy in the QM's that it would take three weeks to get a new one.......So I painted my head and now I have lead poisoning.....knew I should have used Hammerite.
  5. There's a claim there somewhere.
  6. Hmmm, of course the bulls!tty, by the book, **** part of my flawed character is telling me that with 2 issue berets, you should never have an excuse for being without one - no matter how mis-shapen it may be!!!!!!
  7. ^ Your character isn't flawed at all. I think you are rather sweet really.
  8. Unless they have changed dramatically since my day, I dont imagine you'll have too much trouble getting backing for your campaign.
  9. you can buy them direct from the small crown beret company for about 6.50 instead of through dropzone...nice blue lining but not as nice as other styles ive seen. OR heres a thought...

get back to Chicksands to and obtain one there...or get a mate to.. there is usually someone from a Unit going back for a course/interview/briefing/ chat of some description.
    the company is in carterton oxford IIRC. sorry dont have link but use
  10. you could always just do what the walts do and get a para/sas/marine beret..
  11. Contact QM dept at Depot and ask nicely for one to be sent out to you.
  12. ... and your new avatar is ... ?
  13. Two issued berets?? Ahh yes, that will be because I am a retread, and in my previous life wore a forage cap! Thought for a minute you were trying to relate me to Zaphoid Beeblebrox.....anyway I have re-located the said article after forking out £12 for a replacement from a civvy firm. So I am back in luxurious cypress green. Put your **** side back in its crate! :D
  14. £12.50

Bollox, I've been done. Cost me about 26 from Silvermans.
  15. QM at Chicksands or ICA?