• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cypress Green Beret

I know this may have been covered before but are there any QMs that actually dish out the proper green beret of our beloved Corps and not the poxy All Girls Corps one?

I am annoyed to be "mistaken" for a clerk and I need to have that "Esprit De Corps"...

Someone help before I speak more French, ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Not the answer your looking for, I know, but try drop zone supplies. Small crown berets, delivered for £12 (approx). Not a huge price to pay for peace of mind.

I'm with Loony_Bin on this one, I think some sort of hate campaign should be started against all QMs that lump AGC and Int Corps into the same bracket. If I ever get mistaken for AGC again then you will be hearing about it on sky news.

I recently misplaced my beret and was told by the helpful civvy in the QM's that it would take three weeks to get a new one.......So I painted my head and now I have lead poisoning.....knew I should have used Hammerite.

DigitalGeek said:
I recently misplaced my beret and was told by the helpful civvy in the QM's that it would take three weeks to get a new one.......So I painted my head and now I have lead poisoning.....knew I should have used Hammerite.
There's a claim there somewhere.

DigitalGeek said:
Hmmm, of course the bulls!tty, by the book, **** part of my flawed character is telling me that with 2 issue berets, you should never have an excuse for being without one - no matter how mis-shapen it may be!!!!!!

The_Cynic_Clinic said:
I'm with Loony_Bin on this one, I think some sort of hate campaign should be started against all QMs that lump AGC and Int Corps into the same bracket. If I ever get mistaken for AGC again then you will be hearing about it on sky news.
Unless they have changed dramatically since my day, I dont imagine you'll have too much trouble getting backing for your campaign.

you can buy them direct from the small crown beret company for about 6.50 instead of through dropzone...nice blue lining but not as nice as other styles ive seen. OR heres a thought...

get back to Chicksands to and obtain one there...or get a mate to.. there is usually someone from a Unit going back for a course/interview/briefing/ chat of some description.
the company is in carterton oxford IIRC. sorry dont have link but use yell.com

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
DigitalGeek said:
Hmmm, of course the bulls!tty, by the book, **** part of my flawed character is telling me that with 2 issue berets, you should never have an excuse for being without one - no matter how mis-shapen it may be!!!!!!
Two issued berets?? Ahh yes, that will be because I am a retread, and in my previous life wore a forage cap! Thought for a minute you were trying to relate me to Zaphoid Beeblebrox.....anyway I have re-located the said article after forking out £12 for a replacement from a civvy firm. So I am back in luxurious cypress green. Put your **** side back in its crate! :D

DigitalGeek said:
Two issued berets?? Ahh yes, that will be because I am a retread, and in my previous life wore a forage cap! Thought for a minute you were trying to relate me to Zaphoid Beeblebrox.....anyway I have re-located the said article after forking out £12 for a replacement from a civvy firm. So I am back in luxurious cypress green. Put your **** side back in its crate! :D
You've just broken the crate. They say tranferees bring experience of the wider army - still, there's an exception to every rule. When you transfer you hand in your old beret for one from the glorious Corps. You also hand in your rather gay forage cap for (shock, horror) another glorious Cypress Green beret. Even people that have been in for 5 minutes know the army never gives you something for nothing. Sigh............ :roll:

True. Had to buy the chip hat and stable belt, and a few years previously, the full 58 pattern webbing set from those profiteers at DuBora.
The Cypress Green berets went into the short-supply category shortly after they were first issued as the stocks had been sold, along with huge quantities of Dennisons, windproofs and Dem's Mah Shoes to various emerging African industrial superpowers. A lot of SLRs went the same way, if memory serves...

edited for thumb in first finger position.

Op_Int_and_Spy said:
DigitalGeek said:
You've just broken the crate. They say tranferees bring experience of the wider army - still, there's an exception to every rule. When you transfer you hand in your old beret for one from the glorious Corps. You also hand in your rather gay forage cap for (shock, horror) another glorious Cypress Green beret. Even people that have been in for 5 minutes know the army never gives you something for nothing. Sigh............ :roll:
oh i don't know; yet to be billed for the chronic anterior knee pain and fucked back they gave me!

the amyl nitrate and carrier bag injuries i shall cough to - along with the STDs normally only found in cocker spaniels... but the only way the back and knees are sex-related, is that the army have well and truly screwed me ;)

Latest Threads