Cyclops to pay back more than £12K of expenses

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dropshortjock, Oct 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He'll put it on exes.
  2. In fits of anger he's thrown the compass at staff so often that it has lost the magnetism
  3. Why wasn't Bliar caught in all this scandal and downright theft?

Too 'fly' that is why!

If certain papers are missing from personal or business accounts then the Inland Revenue can make 'estimates'. I think Bliar should have 'estimates' made over his claims.
  4. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I want to know what Jackie has to repay.....couple of hundred thousand in second home allowances isn't it?

5. Wah shields up:

No, it has been decreed that for the Rt Hon J Smith MP an apology to the house will be fine, thank you.

Wah shields down.

I bet Bernie Madoff wishes he had stolen billions over here instead. All he'd have to so is say sorry and offer ten hail marys. Maybe buy a Snickers for the Judge too.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Funny how the auditor has asked the Lib Dem leader and the Tory one to pay back a total of about £1500 between them, and Gordon has to pay back £11,000 +

Could it be that the people who allowed the expenses system to get out of control and then enobled the guy in charge of the House - Gorbals Mick, merely followed the prescedence set by the Chancellor of the day?

'Spend, spend, spend for today, for by our hand there will be no tomorrow!'
  7. I guess he payed it back quick in case anyone investigated the expense, especally if the press found another baroness scotland story