Cyclops gave final kick in the teeth to Dave.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Jun 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From today's Telegraph.
    Gordon Brown's failure to turn up for the State Opening of Parliament may well have been because he couldn't look David Cameron in the face. Mandrake hears that one of Brown's final acts in the Downing Street bunker was quietly to organise a pay cut for his successor which he must have known would leave him out of pocket to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    On Brown's orders, the Prime Minister's remuneration package was cut from £194,000 to £150,000, but this was done with such stealth that no formal announcement was ever made.
    One imagines that the poor chap must therefore have set about implementing his pre-election pledge of an across-the- board cut in ministerial salaries of five per cent with a heavy heart as this took his salary down to £142,000.
    Over the course of a five-year parliament, I calculate the personal loss to Cameron will be in excess of £250,000, and this is not counting the pension benefits.
    "This was pure Gordon," harrumphs my man in Whitehall. "Quite prepared to make the big sacrifices – so long as it wasn't him who actually had to make them."
  2. Yeah, the slimey, one-eyed, Scottish mong has gone to ground. He didn't even have the decency to flee the country to North Korea or somewhere like that when he was evicted from Downing Street!
  3. That is absolutely typical of that vindictive, snot-gobbling, one-eyed, inbred, weasely piece of shit.

He doesn't mind sacrifices being made as long as they don't affect him. :evil:

I think that over time, as more and more comes out of the woodwork, it is going to become increasingly difficult to justify not pressing criminal charges against him and the likes of Balls, Miliband etc.

5. Didn't DC cut ministerial pay by 5% (IIRC?) anyway-in effect doing this himself?
  6. Bloody hell people get off the outrage bus. It's not kncking any of you in the pocket.
  7. I don't care who did it or who it affected as long as their bloody wage dropped a bit!
  8. I doubt that Cameron is too bothered either.
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I would imagine that Cameron may very well have offered such a sacrifice in view of the upcoming Civil Service wage cuts/freezes.

Gordon Brown leaving him a sh!t sandwich or a fait accompli (obviously at the suggestion of the unelected ones) is no drama.
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I wish people would get this part correct (not a dig at you vanny).

CMD's earnings as PM are £142,000, but that is in addition to his pay as an MP.

His actual salary is £213,000, not including Parliamentary and staff allowances.

Gordo was on £260,000.
  11. We already knew Broon was a miserable shitehawk, and also that Cameron was born with money coming out of his bum, so who cares?
  12. Median weekly wage in the UK = £489, David Cameron's weekly salary = £2884, or as much as £4096 per week if using Gremlin's calculations above. I'm sure this Eton and Oxford educated son of a stockbroker and descendant of the aristocracy will manage to get by somehow. My heart pumps piss.