Cyber Security: UK Int Panel warns against Huawei...

I am sure you folks will eventually sign the damn thing and embrace the changes!
Probably, after a parliament committee has re-written it to look after Canadian interests as well and not just what's good for the U.S.A.

Probably, after a parliament committee has re-written it to look after Canadian interests as well and not just what's good for the U.S.A.
But then you are creating a new deal. Which might get some pushback from the States and Mexico who did agree to the terms.

endure

GCM
Downing Street is living in a bubble.
Everybody knows, that an FTA has to make it through Congress. That Congress is aligned in their fight against Huawei.

The only thing the U.K. is going to do is give the Hawks the steering wheel and reduce our security commitments to foreigners who continue to act against our national security interests. The appointment of Grenell to DNI is proof of that.

America first is not going to continue to provide unwavering support to “allies” who continue to do everything they can to thwart our objectives.

I think you know this already. Hopefully Bojo massively boosts your defence spending.
Ally

A country that has agreed to give help and support to another, esp. during a war, or a person who helps and supports someone else

Vassal

A country that is controlled by a more powerful country, and has to provide military support or pay money to it when needed

You appear to be confusing the two. Just because we've escaped the clutches of the EU doesn't mean we're ready to pledge our fealty to Washington.

Ally

A country that has agreed to give help and support to another, esp. during a war, or a person who helps and supports someone else

Vassal

A country that is controlled by a more powerful country, and has to provide military support or pay money to it when needed

You appear to be confusing the two. Just because we've escaped the clutches of the EU doesn't mean we're ready to pledge our fealty to Washington.
has to provide military support or pay money to it when needed....

Your hard power has been cut to the bone, and don't pay an America geld.

Trading with others is not the same thing as providing a defense guarantee.
You have, however, been at paid s to link future trade agreements to compliance with US security interests.

Besides America has been making sure our hands are in the all the worlds cookie jars when it comes to trade.
That'll be why the US was leading the charge to sign TPP amongst others.

Oh. Right. When you said, 'all the world's cookie jars' what you meant was 'apart from the ones we haven't.'

You have, however, been at paid s to link future trade agreements to compliance with US security interests.

That'll be why the US was leading the charge to sign TPP amongst others.

Oh. Right. When you said, 'all the world's cookie jars' what you meant was 'apart from the ones we haven't.'
Economic security and military security go hand in hand. I keep harping about Nordstream for a reason.

Why would the US provide any sort of security guarantee to countries who are doing business with say Russia?
I think we can agree that the US has a pretty significant force in Europe, whose purpose is to keep the Russians at bay. If anything goes South, Americans will die will they not? So why is it ok for a country like Germany to pay those very same Russians money which will be used to modernize their armed forces we are squaring off against? Do you not see the lack of enthusiasm for those kinds of deals by "Allies".

Economic security and military security go hand in hand. I keep harping about Nordstream for a reason.
So how is trade exempt?

Why would the US provide any sort of security guarantee to countries who are doing business with say Russia?
Because his boss has told him to.

So why is it ok for a country like Germany to pay those very same Russians money which will be used to modernize their armed forces we are squaring off against?
Perhaps because, having conducted their own threat assessment, they've failed to discover Reds under any sort of furniture and think it's a reasonable course?

So how is trade exempt?

Because his boss has told him to.

Perhaps because, having conducted their own threat assessment, they've failed to discover Reds under any sort of furniture and think it's a reasonable course?
Trade is apart of economic security.
I am sure of it.
If the Russians are not a threat does that mean NATO can be binned?

It has nothing to do with national security as I have demonstrated on several occasions.
The Chinese are a national security threat to the United States, and you had the option to buy European which mitigates the buy American or else claim.

The fact is that the US and the UK have a China problem.

The Chinese are a national security threat to the United States, and you had the option to buy European which mitigates the buy American or else claim.

The fact is that the US and the UK have a China problem.
Again, you completely miss the technicalities. Did you read the document I linked to in the other thread?

Again, you completely miss the technicalities. Did you read the document I linked to in the other thread?
Nope, I did not. If you want to link me the info I will give it a read.

You are placing all your faith that your people can keep them out which you won't be able to. ABCD can make all the claims that want about being able to keep the Chinese at bay but it does not hold any water over here on this side of the pond. Of which our people are not willing to take that chance, with our number one geopolitical rival. The consensus is that our information will also be compromised because we are so close with the UK. Hence the need to either get you folks to not do business with Hauwei or distance ourselves and protect our information at the expense of that "special relationship"...

In case you might have missed it Hauwei 5G is being black balled from the American market. The Chinese will use any means to acquire information and Hauwei is just an arm of the CCP.

Nope, I did not. If you want to link me the info I will give it a read.

You are placing all your faith that your people can keep them out which you won't be able to. ABCD can make all the claims that want about being able to keep the Chinese at bay but it does not hold any water over here on this side of the pond. Of which our people are not willing to take that chance, with our number one geopolitical rival. The consensus is that our information will also be compromised because we are so close with the UK. Hence the need to either get you folks to not do business with Hauwei or distance ourselves and protect our information at the expense of that "special relationship"...

In case you might have missed it Hauwei 5G is being black balled from the American market. The Chinese will use any means to acquire information and Hauwei is just an arm of the CCP.

Try to ignore the fact you are from the USA and read it from a British perspective.

9.f is important to understand.
11.a and 11.b also

If you read just those, and then understand where Huawei will and will not be used, you'll know more than any of your politicans it seems.

Try to ignore the fact you are from the USA and read it from a British perspective.

9.f is important to understand.
11.a and 11.b also

If you read just those, and then understand where Huawei will and will not be used, you'll know more than any of your politicans it seems.
I understand where you are coming from Draz and on paper it sounds like a decent enough plan. But I can't say that I would trust your government enough to stick to it, when money gets tight or remain ever vigilant in the enforcement part of it and the Chinese are a patient people. Once they get their hooks in, they don't let go.

That company is an arm of the PLAA in short and subject to control by the CCP.

Till the next flounce
He's made at least a dozen posts here today, but hasn't mentioned his gun collection once. That's not like the old Jonesy. I wonder if the wife sold them to pay for curtains in the new house, or if he had a bit of a melt down in real life and his toys got taken away from him for his own good?

He's made at least a dozen posts here today, but hasn't mentioned his gun collection once. That's not like the old Jonesy. I wonder if the wife sold them to pay for curtains in the new house, or if he had a bit of a melt down in real life and his toys got taken away from him for his own good?
Nope moved to California, shaved the beard, registered as a Democrat, started a commune and threw all my firearms in the lake.

Nope moved to California, shaved the beard, registered as a Democrat, started a commune and threw all my firearms in the lake.
That's a good thing.. you knew less about worldly things than any Republican alive, and that bar is set is very looooooow.

Latest Threads