Cyber Security - time for a dedicated forum?

No. Sadly.

It's in Wales next year.

Surprised it was held in Glasgow to be honest, bit of a trek for normal people.

Although it was largely down to trying to support Scottish Government Cyber efforts I believe.

Some really interesting talks and plenary sessions, and amusing that the Huawei story broke the same morning it began (maybe even slightly more than coincidental).

Surprised it was held in Glasgow to be honest, bit of a trek for normal people.

Although it was largely down to trying to support Scottish Government Cyber efforts I believe.

Some really interesting talks and plenary sessions, and amusing that the Huawei story broke the same morning it began (maybe even slightly more than coincidental).
I'm glad that it is being moved around the UK.

Down here in Wales we're well postioned for this sort of thing, and I hope that it is a boon for these nice people

National Cyber Security Academy

You wouldn't want to hold it in Newport mind...

ugly

LE
Looking at Linkedin, I noticed something flagged up by one of contacts, about cyber security and risk management. I was going to post it, but wondered what would be the approriate forum. Should ARRSE have a dedicated Cyber Security forum
I vote no, simply because within a week none of us mere mortals would be able to read posts or understand them if we could read them!

Oh yeah, fun for you.

You considered those two gunners?

Do you really think the Imperial Artillery has given them servicable ear defence whilst they stand next to that BFO turbo gat?!
I would be more worried about having green kids. The empire always supplies hearing protection!

It's H&S lunatics like you that were responsible for the lost battles.

I bet you support historic investigations in the alleged mistreatment of Ewoks.
Imperial School.jpg

Would I be correct in saying that a dedicated, Cyber security Thread will end up focusing on the biggest failure in cyber security is the meatsack user.

Not the hardware or infrastructure. Getting rid of 123456 password written on a post-it note user would do more to secure a system, in fact dont let any human use any IT would see less zero days become successful.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Would I be correct in saying that a dedicated, Cyber security Thread will end up focusing on the biggest failure in cyber security is the meatsack user.

Not the hardware or infrastructure. Getting rid of 123456 password written on a post-it note user would do more to secure a system, in fact dont let any human use any IT would see less zero days become successful.
I read a book maybe 14 years ago about the exploits of hackers and I read that NASA delayed a shuttle launch because they'd been hacked. Apparently 75% of NASA staff's passwords were "Password."

The only people with this view are the bitter and ignored minority of so-called professionals.

The only people with this view are the bitter and ignored minority of so-called professionals.
Well since I am not either the truth is that any system is only as good as its weakest link and the weakest link in I.T security is mostly the users not the I.T. Dept.

Also I was cracking a joke.

Right off to do ladies that lunch l8trs biaches, :razz: