Cyber Security - time for a dedicated forum?

Looking at Linkedin, I noticed something flagged up by one of my contacts, about cyber security and risk management. I was going to post it, but wondered what would be the approriate forum. Should ARRSE have a dedicated Cyber Security forum? Where experts like @Guns can post tips, and the less educated can refer to MOD and NCSC guidelines?

NCSC Guidance and Advice

Cyber security effects everyone, military or civilian, private citizen or company director, from a sole trader to a multinational.

Last edited:
How fortunate you asked.

Where would you like me to send the invoice?

William Gibson is the only person who is allowed to use the word "cyber" without sounding like a bit of a dick.

Nothing personal, it's just business.

I avoid LinkedIn, and haven't used it for some time. It linked me, all by itself, with the law firm Madden & Finucane. Considering where I come from, and where I live, this was a BAD THING.

William Gibson is the only person who is allowed to use the word "cyber" without sounding like a bit of a dick.

Nothing personal, it's just business.
It's beautiful -

“Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination experienced daily by billions of legitimate operators, in every nation, by children being taught mathematical concepts... A graphic representation of data abstracted from banks of every computer in the human system. Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged in the nonspace of the mind, clusters and constellations of data. Like city lights, receding...”
I have the urge to drop shrooms and lay in a field watching clouds hearing those words wash over me!

The IT company I work for are a market leader in total cyber security solution's & network equipment.
Tell me you requirements and we can arrange a meeting, our charges & my commission is very reasonable.

I'll second the motion!

It might be a good place for LIAG types to recruit from...

The IT company I work for are a market leader in total cyber security solution's & network equipment.
Tell me you requirements and we can arrange a meeting, our charges & my commission is very reasonable.
I got in first, get to the back of the queue.

I am 1337 you know, and can hack your FaceTube page.

I merely suggested that the topic was of such importance that there should be a forum dedicated to it - a matter for @Good CO, @Bad CO, @Guns et al. Once upon a time I suggested that we needed a dedicated Economics forum, and lo and behold, the forum was created.

I was thinking of somewhere where useful links could be posted, such as:

Cyber security guide for small business

You might not think SMEs are priority targets, however, the food chain for major companies consists of smaller ones, who are a potential source of low level technical intelligence for Russia/China/Iran/North Korea/etc.

Most of us have been subjects of computer based fraud or scams.

It is a topic worthy of a dedicated forum.

Also a good place for individuals to ask 'stupid' questions.

I got in first, get to the back of the queue.

I am 1337 you know, and can hack your FaceTube page.

Did not want to muscle in on your gig but why have the Amateur when you can have the Professionals?
Fill your boots & crack on, must get the ethical hackers from cyber support team ready.

Did not want to muscle in on your gig but why have the Amateur when you can have the Professionals?
Fill your boots & crack on, must get the ethical hackers from cyber support team ready.

They do Cyber as well? Outstanding!

Also a good place for individuals to ask 'stupid' questions.
I get what you mean, but there is truly no such thing as a stupid question.

I happened to be at a professional event recently, and a timely reminder was made.

Why expose a zero day, when a tried and (mis)trusted method will get you into your target system?

And the Japanese saying I love is

猿も木から落ちる

"Even Monkeys Fall From Trees"

@Yokel

If the basics are done right, often targets are hardened and attackers jobs made more difficult.

The thread should exist!

Now do we endure the legions of "I've done CISSP therefore I am a Cyber ninja"........
This should happen to the first one.

CRUCIO!

I merely suggested that the topic was of such importance that there should be a forum dedicated to it - a matter for @Good CO, @Bad CO, @Guns et al. Once upon a time I suggested that we needed a dedicated Economics forum, and lo and behold, the forum was created.

I was thinking of somewhere where useful links could be posted, such as:

Cyber security guide for small business

You might not think SMEs are priority targets, however, the food chain for major companies consists of smaller ones, who are a potential source of low level technical intelligence for Russia/China/Iran/North Korea/etc.

Most of us have been subjects of computer based fraud or scams.

It is a topic worthy of a dedicated forum.
I'll allow "Digital Security Discussion", but I've got my eye on you, matey.

@LJONESY

Here's your blue team kill-list mate......