Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CYBER ENGINEER - Royal Signals questions

tariant90

Swinger
Afternoon all,

Before I start with my actual questions, a quick back story on me:

I joined the Royal Gibraltar Regiment in 2007 and left in 2016, during my 9 ish years served I worked in the Signals Platoon (wing) for around 5 years. Starting off as a Regimental Signaller and finishing as a Det Commander (RSDC) qualified (didn't promote to Cpl from LCpl as I signed before joining the board)

So I gained a few sigs quals and my first stripe from my cadre etc before I left for Civvi street, I have been out over 3 years now and since leaving the army I have worked as a IT tech, Service/Help desk tech, Service Operations Centre Engineer & now Desktop Engineer - so I have gained a mixed amount of civvi experience in IT from a systems/infrastructure/networking perspective.

Now for my questions:

I am looking at applying for the role in the above title, I have been told that the role is fairly new and reformed from a previous role so its still quite green and new in the R.Sigs.

1 - Is there anyone here who is currently in the role, training for it or have good knowledge of the role/path?

2 - How the application process is to get in the role?

3 - What life is like in that trade (day to day work etc)

4 - Likelihood if I were to get into the role, that I would touch on systems relating to a network/infrastructure type job role

Apologies for any confusion in my questions, the job description/training is explained on the British Army site - but nothing beats hearing the info from the horses mouth.

Thanks in advance

mccarronm3

Clanker
i thought this was just one of those roles they use to fill the website up

Latest Threads