CWGC Munster Heath

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by bigpod, Jun 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just visited this Cemetary, and was interested to see all the deaths were post WW2, mostly 46/47.

Does anyone know the history of this. Did we continue to suffer deaths (mines, etc?) as they are noted as war deaths. Or are they war wounded who died of wounds from BMH Munster? Or poist was accidents/other deaths.

Any info welcome, thanks.
  2. Munster Heath is due East of Munster, Westfalen near the town of Telgte not North of Hohne. :)
  3. OOps - that Munster rather than Muenster. There goes my reputation for geographical accuracy

That will explain the crumb of doubt in my mind about why I couldnlt remember where on Mnsterlager it was.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Pah, you'll be telling us that the Battle of Verdun was in Vichy France next!!!! :lol:
  5. I assume that Munster Heath is the same, although they dead are listed as war dead.

I cannot search CWGC ast present due to a computer problem
  6. No Munster Heath is mainly post war dead from 1945-47, from RTA, illness etc., whilst still on war service. I can't get on the CWGC site either at the moment otherwuise I would have pasted the text.

I think Hannover war cemetery is a bit similar. It has many post war dead.