cvs for sappers

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Peebottom, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im out in 5 months and am wanting to start sending off application forms and cv's left, right and centre. Only problem is I haven't a clue on how to write a cv as I've never done one before. I know I can find templates and guides on the internet, but being an engr means Ive done so many various jobs and quals I don't know what to say and what not.

If anyone knows of any good links or site's for military cv's it would be real helpful. Ideally one with a good example writen out.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, not too familiar with the site as I don't use it much.
  2. are you not bothering with the Career Transition Workshop? If anything you normally finish it with a reasonable CV :?
  3. We could probably help you on here, if you let us know what job(s) it is you are applying for.

And +1 about CTW (not that I bothered with it).

I found that explaining it all as if I was talking to someone with no clue whatsoever about the military was the best tack. For example, no acronyms (or if you must in full), and focus on any management, leadership..Not 'I know how to work a wacker saw'.

Focus on trade skills too, and where you have applied them (tour, MACC tasks etc)
  4. edited for mungo double posting
  5. they want to read what they want to read so if you're applying for a draughties job he don't care how much Hesco you built in 'Ghan etc etc... only give them related data or they'll see you with too many choices and worry you'll leg it!!

and no matter how small a concrete pad it was always a reinforced structural pad!!
  6. Don't worry about you're CV. Show him you're stable belt and say with a cheeky smile "It's true, I REALLY was in the Royal Engineers" -

- 'That man, hired' ;)
  8. fcukwit. :x
  9. are you though??? I believe you to be a 'drop-short' so you sir take your yellow stable belt and pussy-fuk off!
  10. Haha, I think people need to turn on their sarcasm detectors. ;)
  11. I think you need to get a life, nobber.
  12. And I think NT should fcuk off from here unless he has something sensible to contribute. I hope when you get to the end of your service and ask for assistance some sprog doesn't try to be sarcastic.

There's a time and a place for sarcasm and this thread isn't it.
  13. PeeBottom, PM sent.
  14. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

That someone was me, there is a template and covering letter on the thread above that you can use yourself but if you want me to help out I dont charge anything but just ask for a donation to the help them out fund via Sgt Slingsby etc

Just to reiterate, I don't say how much you should donate just that you do donate and its for a good cause. I have had a pretty good hit rate with the people I have done CV's for but of course I can't promise success. What I can promise though is a decent looking CV and time spent to make it relevant, from the basic information you provide.

Given that it is for a Sapper I will make an even greater effort, can everyone else just chill out. We all know Sappers are without a doubt the best looking Euchre champions in the British Army