cvs for sappers

P

Peebottom

Guest
#1
Im out in 5 months and am wanting to start sending off application forms and cv's left, right and centre. Only problem is I haven't a clue on how to write a cv as I've never done one before. I know I can find templates and guides on the internet, but being an engr means Ive done so many various jobs and quals I don't know what to say and what not.

If anyone knows of any good links or site's for military cv's it would be real helpful. Ideally one with a good example writen out.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, not too familiar with the site as I don't use it much.
Cheers
 
#2
are you not bothering with the Career Transition Workshop? If anything you normally finish it with a reasonable CV :?
 
#3
We could probably help you on here, if you let us know what job(s) it is you are applying for.

And +1 about CTW (not that I bothered with it).

I found that explaining it all as if I was talking to someone with no clue whatsoever about the military was the best tack. For example, no acronyms (or if you must in full), and focus on any management, leadership..Not 'I know how to work a wacker saw'.

Focus on trade skills too, and where you have applied them (tour, MACC tasks etc)
 
#5
they want to read what they want to read so if you're applying for a draughties job he don't care how much Hesco you built in 'Ghan etc etc... only give them related data or they'll see you with too many choices and worry you'll leg it!!

and no matter how small a concrete pad it was always a reinforced structural pad!!
 
#6
Don't worry about you're CV. Show him you're stable belt and say with a cheeky smile "It's true, I REALLY was in the Royal Engineers" -

- 'That man, hired' ;)
 
#8
Nightrained said:
Don't worry about you're CV. Show him you're stable belt and say with a cheeky smile "It's true, I REALLY was in the Royal Engineers" -

- 'That man, hired' ;)
fcukwit. :x
 
#9
Nightrained said:
Don't worry about you're CV. Show him you're stable belt and say with a cheeky smile "It's true, I REALLY was in the Royal Engineers" -

- 'That man, hired' ;)
are you though??? I believe you to be a 'drop-short' so you sir take your yellow stable belt and pussy-fuk off!
 
#12
Nightrained said:
Haha, I think people need to turn on their sarcasm detectors. ;)
And I think NT should fcuk off from here unless he has something sensible to contribute. I hope when you get to the end of your service and ask for assistance some sprog doesn't try to be sarcastic.

There's a time and a place for sarcasm and this thread isn't it.
 
#15
That someone was me, there is a template and covering letter on the thread above that you can use yourself but if you want me to help out I dont charge anything but just ask for a donation to the help them out fund via Sgt Slingsby etc

Just to reiterate, I don't say how much you should donate just that you do donate and its for a good cause. I have had a pretty good hit rate with the people I have done CV's for but of course I can't promise success. What I can promise though is a decent looking CV and time spent to make it relevant, from the basic information you provide.

Given that it is for a Sapper I will make an even greater effort, can everyone else just chill out. We all know Sappers are without a doubt the best looking Euchre champions in the British Army
 
P

Peebottom

Guest
#16
105AVRE said:
are you not bothering with the Career Transition Workshop? If anything you normally finish it with a reasonable CV :?
I would like to go to a CTW but my unit is currently on a move from Ger to uk. Hence they've completely forgotten about me and the other 10 lads waiting to walk out the gate.

I've joined up with a few of these Ex Military job site's and they want you to upload a cv so they can forward it on for you to various companys. This is what I was thinking of doing but that means that I'll prob have to keep my cv quite open.
 
#17
meridian said:
That someone was me, there is a template and covering letter on the thread above that you can use yourself but if you want me to help out I dont charge anything but just ask for a donation to the help them out fund via Sgt Slingsby etc

Just to reiterate, I don't say how much you should donate just that you do donate and its for a good cause. I have had a pretty good hit rate with the people I have done CV's for but of course I can't promise success. What I can promise though is a decent looking CV and time spent to make it relevant, from the basic information you provide.

Given that it is for a Sapper I will make an even greater effort, can everyone else just chill out. We all know Sappers are without a doubt the best looking Euchre champions in the British Army
Thanks for that ..... knew someone was offering it just struggling with age and rum to find it :)

Anything to HTO and Sgt S is always a good cause ....

Hmmm sponsored Euchre .................


Nah ! too many cheats :D
 
#18
Feckin' 'ell, it's that long since I heard the name Euchre I'm not sure I could remember how to play it! Tried to teach the wrinkleys and my zero alpha once....... never again, may as well teach a drop short to appreciate distance.
 
#20
Sometimes it's a bad deal to tell them(employers) of any service done.

My late brother was told to NOT say anything about his service, at the Oxford Colleges.

Yes, a feckin disgrace but that is true.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crazy_FOO Officers 10
Forces_Sweetheart Infantry 10
Brucefeller Jobs (Discussion) 18

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top