Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by TABBER, Dec 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. hey fellas, any help appricated...

    anyone know the score with CVHQ, am ex TA with op experience and ex-reg. Do you just phone up the clerk and ask him to find you a post for your trade? or is it done through your unit?
  2. Which Corps?
  3. I assumed it was only royal sigs being communcations volunteer HQ, any info? there is some on the army website, wondering if anyone has been through CVHQ or could shed some more light
  4. cpunk

    cpunk LE Moderator

    Duh! Many of the arms, regiments and corps have a 'Central Volunteer Headquarters' which usually maintain pools of 'specialist' TA personnel. I guess you're after CVHQ R Sigs, about which I know nowt.
  5. Excuse my error in which case, d*ickhead.

    Anyone have any infomation on CVHQ R Sigs? any advice on what they can do for you when searching for posts, and the nature of application, trade and training requirments and flexibility with traded posts would be appricated...

  6. msr

    msr LE

    Keep it civil, or take it off line.

  7. msr: To be fair, TABBER was just thinking out loud and the remark seems to have been aimed at himself.

    Or were you referring to the RSigs bit? :D

    TABBER: Can't help you other than that CVHQs tend to be more interested in Specialist Units, though they will help out people looking for Independents. Given that units of particular specialities tend to be well spread out, I'd suggest that you call into your local RSigs TAC and see if they have anything that interests you.
  8. CVHQ are looking for IT Security specialists, infrastructure specialists (laying fibre optics etc) and also ex reg FofS & YofS. Their is also a IT pool being setup but they are looking for people with specific skills. If you don't fit that then you need to look towards a local unit