Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

CVF and Carrier Strike thread

Or rowers?
Would give the athletes paid training time for extended periods. Or you could take the Ottoman Empire approach and relieve prison overcrowding....

Although all those extra holes in the hull next to the waterline could be a small issue for the naval architects to plan for.

Or rowers?
Would give the athletes paid training time for extended periods. Or you could take the Ottoman Empire approach and relieve prison overcrowding....

Although all those extra holes in the hull next to the waterline could be a small issue for the naval architects to plan for.
Longer oars.

How long before campaigners suggest renewables vice fossil fuel or nuclear?

Much "Have you thought about wind? I'm told it used to work very well for navies" from the acolytes of Thunberg...
You may joke....need a lot of them for a QE and the approach would be interesting.

How long before campaigners suggest renewables vice fossil fuel or nuclear?

Much "Have you thought about wind? I'm told it used to work very well for navies" from the acolytes of Thunberg...

My photoshopping is for shit today but...

1594146092533.png

Telegraph are reporting that the FSS ships could be binned. What impact would this have on CVF operations? They strike me as fundamental to an independent carrier group.

The ability to sustain fighting forces at sea on operations will be gone after 2028 and spotty up till then. But logistics isn't cool so who gives a ****.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Telegraph are reporting that the FSS ships could be binned. What impact would this have on CVF operations? They strike me as fundamental to an independent carrier group.

The article mentions "levelling-up" the economies of areas in the north . . . where shipbuilding happens.

If the Chancellor was not pragmatic by nature, circumstances have certainly forced him to be.

Damn sure this expenditure could be included in the "Infrastructure" programme, for revitalising the economy.

And, in-the-great-scheme-of-things . . . . a better idea than sending EVERYONE a £100 voucher, to squander in Pri-Mark/Pound Shop, in an attempt to boost the economy!!

I await the suggestion from Max Hastings (he’s still in his anti-carrier phase, I think) or Dominic Cummings that we sell one of the carriers to the USN as a replacement for the Bonnhomme Richard if that ship, as seems quite possible, is now too badly damaged to return to service...

Last edited:

FSS is fundamental to any sort of sustained naval ops worldwide. QEC drives some of the requirement, but if you want a navy able to operate worldwide and do warfighting, then you need FSS.

If you don't want to do that, then you don't need FSS.