CVF and Carrier Strike thread

Don't forget his extensive experience and unquestionable expertise in the area of small-arms, and his awesome marksmanship skills.
Not to mention his disdain for anyone wearing a military uniform, oh and don’t forget the free MV22 and M1a2 we could have got.

other than that he is a spokes person for putin!

Pushing the already maxed out, prone to breaking and fragile gearbox to 117% power at take off?
What could possibly go wrong!
As theyve been doing it for the past year and are conducting reliability trials - i suggest the answer is not a lot.

This isnt like removing the bolt under the accelerator pedal on the MT Landy and thus allowing some one to whack on the pedal as hard as he likes in 2nd gear low box**

This is carefully controled by the computer to apply moe power than previously in a safe fashion.

1st ive heard of the gearbox being fragile or prone to breaking on Merlin - however i wont dispute youve heard that and its someones experience.

I myself dislike the twin squirrel as it eats its star flex (rotor head thingy) and caused us lots of work when it invariably threw a wobbler on a friday afternoon - the service schedule reducing from something like 100 hours to 5 hour checks as a result (numbers made up for illustrative purposes - it was over 20 yrs ago). Others say its not the case they never heard of one failing - I must be mistaken.
I suspect the difference is down to aircraft operations - cruising theirs- darting around Nap of Earth ours - but the point remains users can have very differrent perceptions.

**Which leads to accusations landy gearboxes are made of tissue paper - despite big red letters saying dont use bags of throttle in low box especially 1st and 2nd

. . . . This isnt like removing the bolt under the accelerator pedal on the MT Landy and thus allowing some one to whack on the pedal as hard as he likes in 2nd gear low box**

**Which leads to accusations landy gearboxes are made of tissue paper - despite big red letters saying dont use bags of throttle in low box especially 1st and 2nd
I did not know that . . . ;) !!

As theyve been doing it for the past year and are conducting reliability trials - i suggest the answer is not a lot.

This isnt like removing the bolt under the accelerator pedal on the MT Landy and thus allowing some one to whack on the pedal as hard as he likes in 2nd gear low box**

This is carefully controled by the computer to apply moe power than previously in a safe fashion.

1st ive heard of the gearbox being fragile or prone to breaking on Merlin - however i wont dispute youve heard that and its someones experience.

I myself dislike the twin squirrel as it eats its star flex (rotor head thingy) and caused us lots of work when it invariably threw a wobbler on a friday afternoon - the service schedule reducing from something like 100 hours to 5 hour checks as a result (numbers made up for illustrative purposes - it was over 20 yrs ago). Others say its not the case they never heard of one failing - I must be mistaken.
I suspect the difference is down to aircraft operations - cruising theirs- darting around Nap of Earth ours - but the point remains users can have very differrent perceptions.

Always ask yourself, "what would Meerkatz do?", and then do the opposite. If SOI says it won't work, then it will probably be just fine.