CVF and Carrier Strike thread

Londo

LE
Try harder and stop trolling the thread, read red storm rising for a slight insight.
Me trolling ? hahahahaha
However I have read red storm rising and enjoyed it . Years ago mind .
Also have had an admittedly layman's interest in subs and ASW since I was in my teens and visited a couple of A class subs in the pool of London .
They still had the 4" deck guns mounted at the time .
Used to do the Navy days at Portsmouth and Plymouth every year .
Very often a sub or two open to the public including on one occasion a nuclear boat ( wish I could remember which one ).
A couple of visits to the submarine museum thrown in as well and also a visit to the ex Russian Kilo class that is now rusting on the Medway when it was open to the public at the Thames barrier
and like you I used to play Harpoon :-D

Me trolling ? hahahahaha
However I have read red storm rising and enjoyed it . Years ago mind .
Also have had an admittedly layman's interest in subs and ASW since I was in my teens and visited a couple of A class subs in the pool of London .
They still had the 4" deck guns mounted at the time .
Used to do the Navy days at Portsmouth and Plymouth every year .
Very often a sub or two open to the public including on one occasion a nuclear boat ( wish I could remember which one ).
A couple of visits to the submarine museum thrown in as well and also a visit to the ex Russian Kilo class that is now rusting on the Medway when it was open to the public at the Thames barrier
and like you I used to play Harpoon :-D
Well you should have a firm grasp of why a surfaced sub, next to a carrier will have less than optimal ASW.

Londo

LE
Well you should have a firm grasp of why a surfaced sub, next to a carrier will have less than optimal ASW.
I do , thank you and I'm sure it was only on the surface for the photo opportunity hence the pic I also posted upthread .
But you failed to see the joke .
I'll leave you in peace now .

I do , thank you and I'm sure it was only on the surface for the photo opportunity hence the pic I also posted upthread .
But you failed to see the joke .
I'll leave you in peace now .
Jokes are reserved to the non serious parts of the thread,

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have you seen the shit that goes on in the CR2, Ajax threads, Word association games,

Ship puns are more fun, we can go for pages and pages with old RN vessels

Ship puns are more fun, we can go for pages and pages with old RN vessels
Which is why it’s boring and there’s a thread for that, I know it’s not like me to be serious, however Maritime Strike, Littoral Strike, with the support of the RAF is the only credible offensive force we have, The Army can deploy 16AA, supported by the afore mentioned, serious heavy metal Capability is gong for a longer time than CSG.

A video containing some Interesting stuff including spectacular shots of our carrier strike group.

A video containing some Interesting stuff including spectacular shots of our carrier strike group.

Is that a UAV tanker shown at about 1:05, between the rear island and Merlin (top left) in the video?

Yokel

LE

There is a certain irony about that - our carrier and other naval capabilities were run down as the 'experts' told us that everything would be both landlocked and asymmetric. Now carriers are need to cover the withdrawal.

Yokel

LE
Does anyone know how long the sea training period being undertaken by HMS Prince of Wales will last? Should we expect similar to that for Queen Elizabeth, with the embarkation of a couple of Pingers for ASW, deck operations and getting the Operations Room exercised, as well as the Freddies controlling aircraft doing air defence?

I am sure ADSB was showing a Merlin HM2 in the area West of Portland last night - it did not appear to fly back to Culdrose.

Latest Threads