CVF and Carrier Strike thread

72A7C321-99BA-44BF-A824-0C8B6A2C9146.jpeg
72A64C35-1C9F-4CFE-82C6-FF70F171A877.jpeg

Yokel

LE

I am a bit confused by the mention of 820 NAS. Does this mean that cabs have been based ashore (Prestwick?) instead of aboard HMS Queen Elizabeth, or have carrierborne ones taken part in Perisher?

The same reason we got rid of Sea Dart on the Invincibles. All the deck space, crew, magazine space, power etc etc you use for a missile system isn't available for supporting aircraft.

That and money

Sea Dart was a very large built in area defence SAM system, whole different ballgame with a bolt on PDMS

everyone else fits one, we don’t, we could be tactical geniuses, or it could be we’re cheap and broke.

jrwlynch

LE
Book Reviewer
I can hear the distant sound of furious googling happening.

Well, it won't be SeaRAM, we were looking at that back in 2000 with a trials fit on HMS York.

1620829145157.png

Indicates both the age of the system, and that it's not the Alkahest some seem to think...

GPMGs, and a motivated NAAFI manager - "We are all of one company".

Or possibly a Chef, later to be found screaming "only one sausage, you b**tards" as he releases his frustrations with bursts of 10-20...

See, Army being Army (cf "all CDS needs to do is get the RSMs together"). I had two sausages for breakfast this morning, along with poached egg, beans, toast, and some crispy bacon.

Well, it won't be SeaRAM, we were looking at that back in 2000 with a trials fit on HMS York.

View attachment 572677

Indicates both the age of the system, and that it's not the Alkahest some seem to think...
It’s always difficult evaluating missile systems because it often depends on what mod you are talking about. The latest version of RIM-116 entered service in 2015 and is much more capable than the version tested by the RN. Not to say that is the appropriate system for the RN, only that the previous tests may not still be valid.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Crowsnest on its way out already, whether it's get transferred to the next gen rotary wing platform or a new system is developed I don't know

Crowsnest on its way out already, whether it's get transferred to the next gen rotary wing platform or a new system is developed I don't know

You have got to be joking?

Latest Threads