CV writing and templates

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by exdropshort, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone have any good examples of CV templates for the telecomms industry, operator trade related if possible, looking for some good ideas mail me if you have any
    cheers in advance

2. try the Corps resettlement site http://www.army.mod.uk/royalsignals/resettlement/cv_writing.html

3. PM me your e-mail and I will send you a copy of my CV for reference. I have been in comms industry since 97 and it's done me no harm (I've also read a fair few for hiring people). There is no actual template, I was taught on a course and basically three main rules I learnt were. Put it on good paper (plain white only). Keep it too 2 pages max and make sure your spelling and grammar is bang on. Also they are not interested in jobs that have no bearing. If you were a binman for 3 years just give it a 1 liner so they see that you have been in employment. Big gaps in employement always made me a bit wary.
    If you send it out to recruitment agencies they sometimes mess about with them before sending on so always take a copy to the interview with you.

And remember it only gets you an interview not the job so never LIE. Be resourceful by all means I.e Mine say's I did a staff management course, that was my cadre course for Lcpl promotion, but NEVER lie. The telecoms business is full of ex-regs so if you give them bullshit you will be found out.