CV templates

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brettarider, Dec 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of a decent site/link for CV templates etc?
  2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

3. I'm guessing you are not getting any resettlement advice ?
    You could do a lot worse than trying Right Way To Write Your CV You can pick this, or similar up from WH Smiths for just a few quid.

If you are writing in response to a specific job application, the advert or the job description / person spec is the exam question.

Make sure you have answered it.

Do not use the same CV for each job application.

You may not be able to fit everything in. Consider what your most important messages are.

I tend not to go over two, sometimes 3 pages, long CVs seldom get through the initial HR sift. ( unless you are applying for a PSD job)

Hope this helps?

PS: I did have a search for CV in the "outside the wire" pages but got no hits
  4. Nowt to do with re-settlement mate got told I was getting made redundant last Wednesday :evil: so need to start looking for other things :D
  5. Microsoft Word, new document, on right hand side of screen it should say templates, then search for CV templates on-line. Lots of different styles and job specific CV choices.

Good luck
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

PM me and I'll send you one or two. I find that working for consultancies no matter what you write they reformat to suit their needs. I always keep a copy of my own version for those moments in bid meetings such as "I didnt know you worked on that?"
  7. Nah - any HR person who sees a cheesy document created by a Microsoft template would chuck it straight in the bin. The Microsoft templates are also far too american.
  8. Don't get overly hung up about CV styles just keep it simple.
    A clear one page summary that can be read quickly helps get you on any short list.

Interview is more important. Try and get as much info as you can about the company you are wanting a job with beforehand.
    They like that in an applicant.
  9. Cheers for the replies so far 8)
  10. C'Hrist!
    almost forgot - remember to use the spell checker on your C.V. before printing if needs be.
  11. What do you do , maybe we can help?
  12. I am/was in comm's looking after business installs/diversionary works and new developments/quailty control
  13. Quailty control? You'll go far, my son! :D
  14. Yes especially if it's for stella :p necked a fair few tonight they have all passed` :twisted: