Cutting Gurkha Bns to 1?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by far2young2die, Dec 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Michael Howard on TV this morning making statement on behalf of keeping 2 Gurkha bns. Duty rumor seems to be that 1 RGR may be disbanded when Hoonster makes his statement today.

Anyone heard anything on this :?:

2. Therby providing the other Bn which the English Divs refused to nominate???

3. Surprised this has not been floated by Neue Arbeit before.... not many voters to worry about in South Nepal. Also the whole 'colonial past' aspect of the Gurkhas must really stick in the throat of the Islington gay save the whale wing of the party.

4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

It would also save on giving them British citizenship - re. my quote in post some months ago.

5. I got the feeling it was more to pacify the Jocks who pointed out, not without some justification, that we are paying foreign mercenaries whilst cutting back on their bns. Their argument not mine :roll: !

I was just wondering where this had come from as it seems to have appeared this morning.

6. WTF is Hoonster? You mean TCH, surely?

7. Sorry not up to date on site jargon. Will report to Commisar for 'education'. :oops:

8. It's OK, I can only guess waht TCH means. 8O

9. That ... Chap Hoon perhaps?

10. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Close :twisted:

11. This may be one of our beloved govts 'float the story, gauge reaction then implement or deny' efforts that they excell at?

It just seems to have come out of nowhere. Not that I would accuse our leaders of leaking anything sensitive of course. Don't want to end up another 'suicide' in the woods!

12. Personally, it matters not what we think or do, the feckers will do as they wish :evil:

They are drunk on the passion of power and strive to enforce thier vision of a New Britiain on us all :cry:

I pray for a change of government........but know that it will not come :x

13. I know what you mean, where is the opposition? Howard only on TV about this because the Burpas are based in his constituency.

14. What will really hurt is when they cut the Foresk!n Fusiliers Regiment!

8)

15. Lets face it chaps, it's blo*dy stupid to think of cutting back any Regiments. 1 ) Because that means there are less of you to fill the ever increasing commitments to foreign parts to get shot at.
    And
    2) Because all of these Regiments have long and wonderful histories that should not be put in to mothballs or amalgamated with those of others.

How they can justify any of this is beyond me!!! :cry:

If anyone fancy's giving TCH a kick in the balls he is MP for Kirkby -in-Ashfield near Mansfield but the chances of you finding him in the high street office are pretty low!!!!! Just put the window through instead! :twisted: