Cutting edge battlefield technology!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by eatmyarrse, Jul 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you could have a military electronic item or mod for your kit that would help with your job whilst deployed on the ground, what would it be?

2. Mobile phone sized ground penetrating radar, with decent battery life and a mini-usb charger.

My two cents.

Tam

3. An "Invisibility Cloak"

4. Yon popular physicist Michio something or other has came up with a way to make one of those. I almost understood what he was talking about.

Tam

5. they've found a way of making a 2D one work, but not effective in 3D :(

6. What about using the radar in a 105mm proximity fuze? I understand this will detonate at different heights depending, for example, on the water content of the ground. This is small; can this not be converted into a true ground penetrating radar?

7. somebody else to carry all your kit, get you back on r and r on time and and some one to stop asking twatish questions

8. "What about using the radar in a 105mm proximity fuze? I understand this will detonate at different heights depending, for example, on the water content of the ground. This is small; can this not be converted into a true ground penetrating radar?"

That is a question way above my (former) pay grade but still a good one. I was thinking of using any such unit as a way of locating IED and stuff like that without pissing about with probes or (the more usual civvy way) of walking on top of them with size nine sandals.

Tam

9. A reliable, light, compact, easy-to-use battery charger to keep all the unreliable, heavy, bulky, complicated kit going.

10. BOWMAN batteries that work in other BOWMAN radios, not to mention the ability to use other batteries from non-BOWMAN kit.

11. Glad to see you have retained your sense of the outrageous.

12. Been picking my own mushrooms again, the lobsters made me do it.

Sorry.

13. BOWMAN batteries from one type of BOWMAN radio do not fit any other type of BOWMAN radio?

Waste of bloody time and a waste of my shift key as well. Bin it and buy American.

Tam