• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cutting edge battlefield technology!!

Yon popular physicist Michio something or other has came up with a way to make one of those. I almost understood what he was talking about.

Tam

P

PrinceAlbert

Yon popular physicist Michio something or other has came up with a way to make one of those. I almost understood what he was talking about.

Tam
they've found a way of making a 2D one work, but not effective in 3D :(

Mobile phone sized ground penetrating radar, with decent battery life and a mini-usb charger.

My two cents.

Tam
What about using the radar in a 105mm proximity fuze? I understand this will detonate at different heights depending, for example, on the water content of the ground. This is small; can this not be converted into a true ground penetrating radar?

"What about using the radar in a 105mm proximity fuze? I understand this will detonate at different heights depending, for example, on the water content of the ground. This is small; can this not be converted into a true ground penetrating radar?"

That is a question way above my (former) pay grade but still a good one. I was thinking of using any such unit as a way of locating IED and stuff like that without pissing about with probes or (the more usual civvy way) of walking on top of them with size nine sandals.

Tam

BOWMAN batteries from one type of BOWMAN radio do not fit any other type of BOWMAN radio?

Waste of bloody time and a waste of my shift key as well. Bin it and buy American.

Tam

Latest Threads