Cuts in Police Officers On The Beat.

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by spike7451, Jun 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Start of the rot setting in? How can they cut a service that has been so drastically destroyed by the previous govenrnment?
    It's rare enough to see a cop around my way....Nonce's will be having a field day if this happens.

2. If they cut all the useless Police community support officers they would not need to cut the real police force.
  3. Defo, they've been my pet hate in regards to public expenditure ever since the conception of them... useless w@nkers

For a few extra grand we can have REAL police officers or perhaps spend a bit more on the recruitment of Special Constables.

Would rather see 2 fully trained and equipped PC's on the beat than 3 PCSO's
  4. I did not notice if they were going to cut police pay like the Irish have. Or are they saving that for the inevitable next round emergency budget as the economy goes belly up and panic really sets in?
  5. Maybe the Chief Constable's expensive nights out dining on the finest steak and faberge eggs with champagne are catching up to him? The whores at the Hilton hotel maybe? Who knows...
  6. ^ may be libellous ... want to take it down?
  7. First thing to have a look at is ACPO.

We pay Chief Constables to run the Constabulary and then we pay them through ACPO to advise HMG. Whiff of a trough there somewhere.

Next - Chief Constables official car. Our top bod has a very nice A8 with driver. I'm not sure it is strictly necessary.

Retiring at 50 - yeah right. Too old to be out on the beat then light duties around the station on a reduced salary.

I would say merge some of the smaller forces but they would somehow insist that a larger force had bigger salaries.

Remove the pension of any officer above inspector rank that uses the words 'Police Service'.
  8. If the PCSO's got binned then you wouldnt have nothing, especially where I live. The only time I see Police now is when the are doing speed checks or are pulling over drivers, I cant remember when I saw a bobby on the beat.
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Stop being so damned sensible man. It's probably true anyway.
  10. The Met has already sent letters to all those who had passed all the tests, interviews, medicals etc and who were waiting a start date, that there will be no intake of new police this year! :x
  11. To be fair, it can't be easy eating one of these

12. If you really care about libellous statements, I think your in the wrong place :D
  13. The only uniforms on the beat around here are the PCSO's. There was a bod on radio this morning, saying that the cuts could be made by working out what jobs in the back rooms needed a PC to do, and what could be done by a cheaper and better qualified for the task civvie, freeing up qualified police to get out of the station doing the day job.

Made sense to me.
  14. My bold. The way I read the above, ACPO are playing politics by hinting that they must cut beat police. I do hope Theresa May tells them to stfu and do what they're paid to do--manage their staff & budget, not try and dump it back on central government so ACPO keeps its fingers clean.

ACPO were looking for a bite, Spike bit. :cry:
  15. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

To be honest this is a pretty meaningless statement,to a degree this has been done over the past 5-6 years,many of the jobs being filled by retired officers etc. There are still warrant carrying vermin hiding in the back offices in some posts and they need to be dragged out screaming onto the street but i doubt there are many savings to be made this way.
    The real savings can be made by deconstructing the performance monitoring structures established under the last shower of shite, oh and sack the PCSOS! :D