Cut sleeves on CS95 lightweight jacket/shirt

#1
I am aware that it is sometimes the done thing by some folk during summer short sleeve period.

just a question of how many of you out there do it or have done it?
And have many been pulled up for it?

Tank
 
#5
yea probably to try and make ourselves look as hard as everyone else by showing off more of the guns haha!

and by the way peter its too late but just wanted to see how many had been billed or pulled up for it.
 
#6
tank6275 said:
yea probably to try and make ourselves look as hard as everyone else by showing off more of the guns haha!

and by the way peter its too late but just wanted to see how many had been billed or pulled up for it.
It was just a observation im not RLC. Its just i spent a bit of time in Grantham last year and that was the summer rig as far as i could tell.
 
#7
Looks neat if its done right and tailored, not just butchered with a pair of scissors and some starch!!
 
#8
Used to look good on the old Shirt GS.

Looks utter sh1t on a Combat Jacket Lightweight. Even worse if the wearer starts cutting diamonds out of the back to make it hug the body as well.

Re billing.

Just get friendly with the Clothing Storeman, and when you take the next one down make it all nice and folded. Chances are they wont notice and the garment will be in the bin before you know it.
 
#9
Bee_Gee. said:
tank6275 said:
yea probably to try and make ourselves look as hard as everyone else by showing off more of the guns haha!

and by the way peter its too late but just wanted to see how many had been billed or pulled up for it.
It was just a observation im not RLC. Its just i spent a bit of time in Grantham last year and that was the summer rig as far as i could tell.
You would be lucky to get away with cut-off sleeves in the RLC actually, but as you mentioned Grantham, your on about TA(?). Cut offs, as others have said was good with KF but looks chipshop!
 
#10
MSI64 said:
Looks neat if its done right and tailored, not just butchered with a pair of scissors and some starch!!
You spent too long in ACIO, Slimeball!! :wink:
 
#11
im on about TA but i think your man there was obv taking about regs.

As i said its been done already so i'll standby to be gripped for it.

Pretty obvious as well as cut half way up sleeves and only 2 turns on the folds
 
#12
CH512O said:
Bee_Gee. said:
tank6275 said:
yea probably to try and make ourselves look as hard as everyone else by showing off more of the guns haha!

and by the way peter its too late but just wanted to see how many had been billed or pulled up for it.
It was just a observation im not RLC. Its just i spent a bit of time in Grantham last year and that was the summer rig as far as i could tell.
You would be lucky to get away with cut-off sleeves in the RLC actually, but as you mentioned Grantham, your on about TA(?). Cut offs, as others have said was good with KF but looks chipshop!
I've seen the both at Grantham (on both Reg and TA) but also on the WOs course running at JSCSC a couple of years back. Looks toss and they should be charged for a replacement Lightweight combat jacket.
 
#15
JWRRC318 said:
chocolate_frog said:
Re billing.

Just get friendly with the Clothing Storeman, and when you take the next one down make it all nice and folded. Chances are they wont notice and the garment will be in the bin before you know it.
Or just grow big tits and dye your hair blonde?
Most at Grantham seem to have tried the first of those but coupled with a gut and stubble it doesn't work so well. :D
 
#16
Tailoring the sleeves of a Combat JACKET Lightweight?

Think. Would I tailor the sleeves of my Field Jacket, Smock or old stylee Combat Jacket?

If not, why the fcuk would you tailor your Combat JACKET Lightweight?

You'll look a right tool wearing what now amounts to a T-shirt on the ranges, PT or Exercise.
 
#18
chocolate_frog said:
Tailoring the sleeves of a Combat JACKET Lightweight?

Think. Would I tailor the sleeves of my Field Jacket, Smock or old stylee Combat Jacket?

If not, why the fcuk would you tailor your Combat JACKET Lightweight?

You'll look a right tool wearing what now amounts to a T-shirt on the ranges, PT or Exercise.
Unless I've been Wah'd, I suppose he's going on about the 'Lightweight Field Jacket' which is what is says on the label inside your shirt.

Agree that it looked good on the old KF, mainly because the massive rolls of woolen material were a right b'stard to iron flat without about a can of starch on each fold. Being a lazy minging cnut back then, I'd go for weeks between washes rather than re-iron the things from scratch until I coughed up and got two tailored.

I've toyed with the idea on CS95, but there's no problem compared with KF.

Also, my Sqn doesn't seem much interested in uniformity of uniform and it seems to be at the whim of the DS whether it's sleeves up or down on any particular day.
 
#19
It does not look right ever. It is gay.
 
#20
freedomman said:
Unless I've been Wah'd, I suppose he's going on about the 'Lightweight Field Jacket' which is what is says on the label inside your shirt.
Some of mine say Combat Jacket Lightweight. I have just checked and the one I was wearing to day says "Jacket DPM Combat Lightweght".

Generally refered toas a "shirt" for some unknown reason.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
woopert The Intelligence Cell 0
polyglory Current Affairs, News and Analysis 22
Aunty Stella The Intelligence Cell 13

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads