Cut off age for Officer at SF selection

Oyibo

LE
With a move to length of service vice age limited careers in the Army (and in particular, opening and closing of zones for the BL), lots of previous “must be done by age XX” are changing. In this case, there’s a desire to get at least two Captain’s jobs out of an Officer before they’re in the running for the BL and ICSC(L).

Long overdue - The DOB system was introduced for processing national service officers. Utterly irrelevant nowadays.

With a move to length of service vice age limited careers in the Army (and in particular, opening and closing of zones for the BL), lots of previous “must be done by age XX” are changing. In this case, there’s a desire to get at least two Captain’s jobs out of an Officer before they’re in the running for the BL and ICSC(L).

What is BL and ICSC(L) ?

Archie

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Given the forum, mind if I translate that again into civilian?

"Previously the Army had fixed timelines for junior officer progression between joining and promotion to Major approximately 8 years later. Those are currently changing, and so the age limits related to those are also changing. The important criteria now is that SF want to get approximately 3-4 years work from you as a junior officer (Captain) before you become eligible to promote to Major. This would mean the best time to attempt Selection as an officer is between 3 and 5 years after commissioning."

I'd add that I don't see there being much benefit to you in doing it earlier than 3 years (because you will most likely fail through inexperience), and exceptions are always made for the exceptional after 5 years.

Here’s me thinking this is an Army website ;)

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Here’s me thinking this is an Army website ;)
The OP, however, fairly obviously is not.

When saying "forum" I thought it was recruitment, replace instead with "question".

You Father is not your real Father, the real one is possibly someone from the 1st Battalion Irish Guards.
Hope that helps paddy?

Keep 'em coming, that Pulitzer Prize isn't far away.

Latest Threads