Cut me some slack, Im back from Iraq

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

And if you want to see the actual tent I was sleeping in in TDA4, then you can go to, download the software and point it just east of Basra.

2. See your tent? I probably put the bugger up!
  3. Just back from Iraq, msr?

Do we still have people out there...? ;)

Welcome back fella! :D
  4. Oh I see back 5 mins and bragging about how he had a tent, in my day you were lucky to have a bloody poncho let alone a tent......I dunno, kids these days....don't know how lucky they are

welcome back
  5. Some of us lived in a palace .Guess you should have worked harder :lol:
  6. Air con all the way for me at SHAIBAH, but it was my third tour. Had to watch them being built on three whilst living in crappy tents
  7. Welcome back MSR.

Have you taken that sun-tanned hero of democracy look on the pull yet? :D
  8. msr

msr LE

Nope, I was living in Waterloo lines, but won the 'all expenses paid long weekend camping holiday' in TDA4 at endex. Was just showing google-earth to the old man back home and f**k me, you can actually see the individual tents on the internet...

Ptp: not yet, sadly more of 'pasty skinned staff officer of database', not even an emergency Op Bronze could cure that one, but I have lost quite a lot off the waist, knocked 45 seconds off my BPFA run, completed MK1 and got my JOTAC booked. All in all, quite a productive tour - did I mention I also got round to some CIMIC stuff as well?

9. msr,

welcome back

Waterloo lines... TDA4... Luxury, when I were there we used to dream of TDA... mumble mumble but at least I did manage to get out of Basrah to the two rear area holiday camps a couple of times a week to sample the delights of the cookhouse in waterloo and gundolph lines, ahhh happy days

I now understand why you were able to continue moderating from the hot sandy place, had your own personal bloody inet terminal did we??? :lol:

Our camp we had to share 2 between 500 bods, then the luxury of 4 for the last couple of months but that was too much for the gennys so more usually zero...

anyone got a link to a smiley of a swinging sandbag :roll: :roll:
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome home MSR, and back safely. I'm sure your Medal is in the post....
  11. I'm assured you don't get much of a top up on top of a mountain either, but I'm told to stop beeytching because the views are fabulous. hey-ho :(

Anyway, good news on that MSR , tell us more about the CIMIC stuff..
  12. The software must be pretty rubbish as I thought Waterloo lines was to the West of Basra eiher that or you didn't actually know where you were for 6 months.
  13. msr

msr LE

West it is, just enjoying smashing the two-can rule for the first time in six months....

14. msr

msr LE

The internet provision was woefully inadequate, but as part of my job was to check the CIMIC email address, I was able to sneak a few posts onto arrse.

15. msr

msr LE

What do you want to know?