Cut in funding for defence homes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldbaldy, Nov 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7079700.stm

2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

and you were surprised....when?

3. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Not surprised. But articles like this help to keep it in the public eye.

4. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Now the Bishop joins in:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/06/nbishop106.xml

5. Good on you Pardre.

Good to see someone with balls (even if you are not allowed to use them)

Sorry about all that jesuit and papal burning stuff yesterday - nothing personal!

6. There are many schemes out in the council areas, is it possible these people/companies/projects not be involved in military schemes.

Or is this an embarrassment to the government needing charity to help out the Armed Forces

7. I stayed in a quarter at the Helensburgh site recently. Frankly, whoever designed that estate needs a good kicking - mind you, it was well patrolled by the local police, I wonder why?

8. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Because the people living there all work with nukes? :wink:

9. The Government announced a £500M uplift in the funding available to upgrade MOD accommodation during the last budget statement.

So Brown, let's be honest, was that 'new' money or just you replacing the cuts that had already been made?

Smoke and mirrors.............

10. I think most of the money has been blown on the SLA within Faslane; being a few miles away in Helensburgh, the married quarters are literally out of sight, out of mind. Lots of shiney new boxes for the matelots and bootys to live in.

11. Been in a few of the houses on the Churchill estate and they have to be the most depressing houses's I've ever been in .Glad I was only visiting rather than living there, although I seem to remember a few years back the MOD spending money doing up some housing around Helensburgh and then putting them on the open market