Cut Backs

Not another round of cutbacks,

When is this shower of Pollies ever going to learn.

El Pesidento volunteering the Forces services everywhere but then considering this?

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;$sessionid$O2IMOXEL4F0UVQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2003/05/27/narmy27.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/05/27/ixnewstop.html

V

vespa

its stupid, madness. its exactly like the 1930s cut backs before WW2 and look where it got us outgunned ,outmanouvered and underequipped for the job and so lost france to the german.

history repeats itself , arsewipes

Makes perfect sense.

Recruitment and retention figures improved at a swipe.

Money saved on the Defence Budget.

Morale ?  Commitments ?  Management problems.

Serious future consequences  ?   Next Government's problem.

I suppose what they might be trying to do is this:

We cant get recruitment figures up, no matter what we try, so lets just cut 5000 troops from the army strength -
Problem solved!

If they concentrated on retention, the numbers wouldnt be a problem - taking a professional army for granted will only increase the problem.

They dont think, i'm sure they dont!!

its stupid, madness. its exactly like the 1930s cut backs
You don't even have to go back that far Vespa, 1998/99 was a vintage year for the pencil sharpeners. TA INF gutted , and then Kosovo blew up, and people doing headless chicken impersonations, because they realised they were 5000 bayonets short, If the Serbs had decided  that they loved Milosevic and were willing to spill their blood in the memory of Grigor the Holy or whatever, we would have had a hell of a time. I won't bore you with how close we came to getting mobilised for that one, but there wouldn't have been a month's work up, probably practicising section battle drills on the tarmac at BZN.

They do it every time, it's called a piece dividend. Except in Blair's case, it's a "taking the peace" dividend. The Armys' already stretched like a bowstring, so who the hell is telling the MOD and Blair that we can depoly wherever and whenever, so he can make "considered judgements" and drop us in the Sh*t willy-nilly

During Blairs dictatorship benign tenure, we have been involved in GW2 , Sierra Leone, Kosovo and god alone knows what he fancies next.

It'll keep happening, till we get spanked. Sorry, didn't mean to dramatise, but I think that's what it will take to loosen the purse strings. Blair's told us how grateful and proud he is, yep, saw how you and Mr. Hoon stood shoulder to shoulder with Col. Tim  Tony, it was an inspiration to British soldiers everywhere. Inspiration to PVR that is.

Anyway, what's the worry, we've got plenty of TA, and they're cheaper to mobilise, no accomodation, or Pensions etc.

It makes you weep.  :mad:

When are the public going to learn?

Public services crying out for more Cash-Not enough nurses,teachers,police officers,doctors etc etc

Armed Services all playing tug of war with an ever decreasing pot of money while memebers of the team are taken away to make TB look good in Washington.

People having extra money taken through Toll roads,extra National insurance, Decreased allowences

Businesses having to carry out time and money comsuning red tape through H&S bottonless pits,Inland Revenue work,Customs and excise paper exercises,

We Read it every day in the newspapers,We Hear it every day on the radio, We see it every day as we carry out our Lives, And its getting worse but still we do nothing about it.

Roll on Election Day-Bring it on Tony

Agreed, the current incumbents are dolts but is there really a viable alternative? Blur worries me but the others frighten me to death. I can't see too many people seeing IDS as the answer to all the woes facing the nation!!

Agreed, the current incumbents are dolts but is there really a viable alternative? Blur worries me but the others frighten me to death. I can't see too many people seeing IDS as the answer to all the woes facing the nation!!
What about the little Ginger haired fellar.  Read in the DT over the weekend that he's a bit of a p**shead, so power to his elbow on that one.  Also he was the only one to be set against going into Iraq, a view that seems to have real credence now that it appears that Tony's dossier of evidence was just full of bullcrap.

Ginger Feller gets my vote. i just wish they'd get aggressive, and demand air time off the media. But Ming Campbell is pro BritFor, in fact that party has been for the longest while. I don't mean "Wave the flag pro" i mean, "Let's give them what they need" i seem to remember Paddy Ashdown was a firm believer in that

The problem is that the Ginger Fella's crew are very pro handing everthing over to Brussels.  I don't see the European Commission giving a flying phuq about the British Armed Forces.

Good point GGG. Not much to choose from then, vote for:

1)  A right wing meglamaniac.

2)  IDS

3)  Membership of the Euro Army under the command of the Franco-Prussian alliance.

Doesnt really matter anyhow....in a few years time you'll all be in a Euro army (I say you cos iw ill have left rather than sell my soul)   and you'll also no longer have a pension at 40 cos you'll have to wait until at least your 55th birthday (green paper running throughat the mo).

Ventress

LE
Its all going to end in tears, post 1920's, post 1945, post 1969, post SDR and DCS 15- all cut back by bean counting civil servants who can't spell Army- and all periods that bit the MoD on the arrse!

Like Kipling says: "Its Tommy this and Tommy that til the drums begin to sound then it's a thin red line of heros...!" Nothing has changed in 100 years- Like the pub signs back then-'No Dogs or Soldiers in that order'

The civvies only need us when their bins dont get emptied or a fire engine doesn't turn up. They even took away the Royal Tornament and Aldershot Army Show (the big proper one).

Come the Military Coup, the Bean counters will be the first against the wall.................

I remember from my EPC in 1984 that the first role of the British Government is the defence of it's land and it's people.

OK...let's sort this problem out....who can supply TB's, email address... we then bombard him (copied to The Sun and Telegraph) with our feelings...then sit back as the poo hits the fan.....

I'm on planet Zonk again! :mad:

I remember from my EPC in 1984 that the first role of the British Government is the defence of it's land and it's people.
(
......and it's dependant territories - but we'll be giving them all back soon won't we?

Yes, just call me a tired, old cynic :mad: