Cut Backs

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by peteark, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If we can believe everything we hear, HM forces are to undergo a series of manpower cuts.

If this is aimed at non-deployables will the results be positive or will it drag the MOD into a cesspit of litigation?
  2. The only people that can drag 'MOD into a cesspit of litigation' is... the MOD, by not following whatever proceedures they've defined for the redundancy consulation process.

Companies can downsize without legal drama if they do it correctly, therefore so can the MOD. What are you really driving at?
  3. A large percentage of the deadwood have particular skills, generally surrounding, working around a system, knowing the system inside out, no one can touch me I'm covered.

With chite in hand and brown letter in the other, I can hear the cries of 'discrimiation, civil rights, euopean courts etc etc

I could be wrong

This issue is a real problem, possibly bigger than people imagine. A few years ago my wife was serving in a transport regiment. Prior to deployment to Iraq the Commanding Officer addressed the troops, he asked for a split, deployables and non-deplyables. 40% of the regiment went and stood on the non-deployable side.
  4. This is the MoD remember, they don't do much correctly. I've recently had the misfortune of having to get involved in relocating a few civil servants, a private company would manage this with the minimum of fuss and take only a few weeks. It has taken the MoD nearly 4 years of misinformation, lies, incompetence and stupidity and the move still isn't complete....