Customers sends bailiffs to his bank

A bank customer who was angered by the refusal of his branch to refund thousands of pounds of charges responded by sending in the bailiffs.
Customers at the branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) in North London were stunned to see debt collectors that were hired by Declan Purcell seize four computers, two fax machines and a till filled with cash.
About time these thieving bank-stards (!) got a taste of their own punishment. 'Administrative error' my backside when really it was due to thinking that there was nowt more the customer could do than write moaning letters.

I would have loved to tapped the call or been in the room when their CE/MD of RBS got the call about what happened. Top man! :thumleft:

Good drills that man :thumleft:

It's about time that the customer......yes, note to banks. That is the person that you are supposed to serve got even with you :dance:

Let's see some more of this customer action and maybe banks will think twice about making rash decisions, admin errors....etc

fastmedic

There is a god in the heavens after all!!!

My building society wants to charge me over £200 when I finish the mortgage just to close out the paperwork , I can use this as a good arguement to tell them I aint paying them. I don't mind a reasonable amount but five minutes paperwork aint going to cost £200

OldTimer said:

My building society wants to charge me over £200 when I finish the mortgage just to close out the paperwork , I can use this as a good arguement to tell them I aint paying them. I don't mind a reasonable amount but five minutes paperwork aint going to cost £200
And if you think about it you have already paid them twice the original value of the mortgage.

JJ

OldTimer said:

And you have already paid double the original value of the mortgage.

Banks just like women, you can't live without them and you can't live with them only women you can divorce.

JJ

Good on him - Halifax/ RBS are total b*st*rds to try to deal with, and from personal experience, I would urge everybody to NEVER consider banking with them. They are the worst, and it's nice to see them getting some of their own back!

flamingo said:
Good on him - Halifax/ RBS are total b*st*rds to try to deal with, and from personal experience, I would urge everybody to NEVER consider banking with them. They are the worst, and it's nice to see them getting some of their own back!
I just binned the Halifax cos they a bunch of complete tossers then got a letter off them asking why I had and did I still want to invest my gratuity with them !!

I declined to reply as I think feck off may have offended

Halifax are total barstewards.
I had no end of problems when dealing with them, and the mrs had pretty much the same.
Beware though folks, pretty soon the Banks will find a way out of this soon and start hitting back big time IMHO.
If anyone is thinking of tackling the banks about charges etc, I really would recommend doing your homework first and keeping up to date on the information regarding it. LordvonHarley's link is a good one and his format is generally successful. But even he states that it wont last for ever.

Yes banks are cnuts, I would rather keep my wages in my sock/pillow but we live in a world where if you dont have a bank, you wont get too far in life. Its meant to be our money ffs.

Poetic. Absolutely poetic.

Banks are thinking about bringing in account subscription charges to combat the lost revenue from having to refund unfair charges.

It's a bit like car insurance, you can't not have it, it's compulsery, so they can charge pretty much what they want.

johnojohnson said:
OldTimer said:

And if you think about it you have already paid them twice the original value of the mortgage.

JJ
And it's mostly done on conputer via an used template; apart from the paper they print on, they're probably pricing you on pressing the enter/return button a couple times.

Take a look at the consumer action group web site!

It gives details on how to claim back bank charges!!

At last count £6,240,000 had been claimed by 4837 people.

It's also linked to the Moneysaving expert website which is also very useful.

All banks are a shower of cunts however I've been with Lloyds since I joined up for one good reason-they've got a HM Forces Department who WILL bend over backwards to accomadate you. I even managed to get compensation out of them before when they fucked up.

I've also got an account with Nationwide for one reason only-they don't charge you for taking money out of your account abroad.

But good on that man for sending in the baliffs! :thumright:

If a business is carried on through an incorporated company, you may like to consider petitioning the courts to have the company wound up under s. 122 of the insolvency act 1986 as the debt is in excess of the £750.00 required by section.123. Even the threat of it can bring a company’s cheque-book out very quickly.

The first time I heard of someone actually threatening to do this was when the level of debt required to petition the Court was only £50.00. The Chartered Secretary concerned had written a commissioned article for a major daily broadsheet newspaper, for the princely sum of £55.00. He was not paid when they had agreed to pay him, though they said they had not forgotten but…

So, after a few months of badgering them, he got fed up of the excuses and wrote to their Company Secretary outlining his plan to petition the Court under the aforementioned sections predecessor in the 1948 Companies Act.

He was given the cheque, post haste, and apology and, more interestingly, from the Company Secretary, a brief description of the emergency meeting of the full board of this major newspaper at which the directors went white when it was spelled out to them, especially when the company’s lawyer also confirmed it, that the creditor was fully entitled to bring such a petition for such a low amount and that the Courts would entertain it!

As for the banks, well, they will threaten the introduction of charges for current accounts.

They can threaten all they want to but just wait and see what happens to the customer base of the first bank that tries that little trick!

They can forget about acting in unison to effectuate such an introduction since that will result in an unlimited fine if discovered and brought before the court.

It does not matter how big you are, or how big you think you are, the law will catch up with you when someone has the bottle to use it!

Latest Threads