Customer sends bailiffs in to seize banks computers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Feb 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

A man who was fed up with paying massive bank charges decided to give one of the high street giants a taste of its own medicine.

When Royal Bank of Scotland refused to refund £3,400 charges that Declan Purcell believed he was owed, he sent in the bailiffs.

Stunned customers at his branch of RBS watched as debt collectors seized four computers, two fax machines and a till filled with cash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=430129&in_page_id=1770

:)

msr

2. this one was on here quite a while back, mate. interesting though and it always cheers me up to hear.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

4. The bank reckoned THEY hadn't paid up the court bills (or even bothered to turn up ot said court appearences) due to some one overlooking the situation. ie... couldn't be bothered, or forgot.

Wonder how much they would charge if some one "overlooked" a payment to themselves?

Good on him. Got 'em by the ball bag.

5. you can even claim back your bank charges if you goto www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk they have all the forms there to start proceedings i am about to give royal bank of scotland the good news i reckon they owe me thousands in charges. Cant wait then barclays are gonna get it as well
    If they charge you and you quote that you think its an unfair charge they see their own arse and give it back pronto.
    Look on the sight loads of cracking info there

6. This is the second time He's done this - You would have thought the bank would have learned after the first time.

Or did I read of the same incident on a similar thread here?

7. sven, you inattentive gobsh1te, pay attention. read other posts before you post and then look at the link to see the date. tw@t.

8. Quite right.

In my defence I was tired and emotional last night.

With regard to my other mistakes however . . . . .