Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Bourne, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    I have been told that i have to pay for my curtains to be cleaned on march out (£60 for the cleaning service to do it). Is this right? because i didnt have to do it the last time round and was told they are cleaned at public expense. Could some one please clarify? Thank you
  2. That's the first I've heard of anyone having to pay.

If they insist on you having to pay their fee, politely decline and use the local laundrette (bigger machines - one wash does all!).

You'll save a fortune and p1ss the DHE off as well.
  3. We have lived in 14 FSQs over 25 years and have never had to pay for curtians to be cleaned on march out. We usually took the Army curtains down on march in and put them up at march out, using our own curtains in the meantime. Notwithstanding that, I will try and find the official line and put it here if I find it.

From -

This does not mention the cost of cleaning curtains o march out but if you consider that you have been in the quarter for about 2 years, you would have had them cleaned in the normal course of events anyway.
  4. For god's sake don't pay DE to clean them. Stick them in the washing machine. They might say dry clean only but to be honest there's nothing you can do to them that would make them worse than they are.
  5. When the DHE used to exist here, a certain member used to ask for £50 for carpet cleaning and then pocket the cash...beware!