Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Retd_crab, Oct 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a recipe for Currywurst sauce. I noticed my local Tesco now stocks Bratwurst etc so I would quite like to serve some up to the kids on bonfire night.

My memory also fades was the powder they sprinkled on it, curry powder or paprika

All sensible suggestions welcome.

2. Buy it online? It's been mentioned on here before I'm sure, try the search, sure you'll find it.
  3. Search 'Curry saus'
  4. Hot ketchup sprinkled with curry powder does the trick!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Do you need a fast broadband connection or else do the bratties come through long and thin?

My connection only takes watery stuff like soup or, at a pinch, piccalilli (as long as it isn't too chunky.)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I have tried to reproduce it using Tescos bratties, and some from an interesting bloke, no names, no pack drill, and no sell by dates. The results were pasable, but not the same. As the man said;

'You had to be there'.

I can make bloody good shish and kofte kebabs, but they don't taste the same as the ones from our local kebab shop, which are damn good, but different.

Good luck.
  7. or:

500 g Tomate(n), passierte. (skinned pulped tomatoes)
    2 EL Honig (2 tablespoons of honey)
    3 EL Essig (3 tablespoons of vinegar)
    1 ½ EL, gest. Gemüsebrühe, instant ( 1 1/2 level tablespoons of vegetable stock powder)
    1 EL, gest. Worcestersauce (you should be able to work out what EL stands for by now, "gest" means level but it's difficult to heap spoons of WS)
    1 EL Curry
    1 TL, gestr. Paprikapulver, rosenscharf (teaspoon hot paprika powder)
    2 Spritzer Tabasco (2 drops use more Germans are shit at spicing stuff)

Alle Zutaten gemeinsam in einen geeigneten Kochtopf geben und bei kleiner Hitze köcheln lassen. . (Mix everything in a pan and bring slowly to the boil)
  8. Hard to believe the next generation won't know what a bratty is. But than I've never been to a sura(?)
  9. You've never bought meat online?
  10. Nah. I probably don't visit the same sites as you..
    • Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Strictly speaking I should start another thread but... does anyone else's Waitrose still do teewurst? My local one seems no longer to stock it.
  12. ......................................This place does currywurst plus other German meals.

Well worth a visit if you're in town.

Best German breads outside the Vaterland!

Bakehaus - seriously German about bread
  13. You should know by now no one reads 5 year old threads
  14. It's a recipe, you thick ****. You don't have to read past the first post.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2