currywurst sauce

#1
I've been out of the system for a long time now but would still fancy a currywurst,"nostalgia kicking in"Can any body tell me what the ingredients of the sauce was? and I will see if mrs OF can rustle it up, yum yum.
 
#5
Ahh, Dortmund has the best schnellys serving the best currywurst in the worrrrld. You fatherless, I'm craving one now...
 
#6
Have to disagree there; the best currywurst mit pommes in the world ever was served by Gaststatte Sandar in Detmold, opposite the MQs near the side gate to Hobart Bks, washed down by large amounts of Dortmunder Thier & ice-cold shots of vodka. Still makes my mouth water now to think of it....... :D
 
#7
Dortmund mmm I remember it for different reason's......give you a clue it had narrow streets and big windows
 
#9
Brush_Dust_Shake said:
Have to disagree there; the best currywurst mit pommes in the world ever was served by Gaststatte Sandar in Detmold, opposite the MQs near the side gate to Hobart Bks, washed down by large amounts of Dortmunder Thier & ice-cold shots of vodka. Still makes my mouth water now to think of it....... :D

seconded !!!
 
#10
The stuff that YesItsMe showed is the right stuff.

However Bikkies is correct. Tomato ketchup and curry powder is the currywurst sauce.

Remember to bring the potion to the boil though, to cook the spices out.

Then bobs yer uncle young fella me lad!



Cheers N_W.
 
#12
Mmmm currywurst, found a snelly in kings lynn when visiting there a few years ago
 
#13
ordinaryforces said:
Dortmund mmm I remember it for different reason's......give you a clue it had narrow streets and big windows
Yes I too remember that street from 1979, detached duty to Werl & Dortmund......met a very nice young lady down there who was a dead ringer for Kate Bush, wore full 58 pattern & only charged DM40!!!!!
Happy days....... :)
 
#14
our local lidl dont do the stuff, went to aldi aswell, left in disgust.
still the old ketchup mitt curry powder trick did the business. had some frikadella mitt kartoffel salad and fleisch salad to help wash it down for scoff yesterday.. dancer
 
#16
BDS You wuz robbed
It was 20dm in 69 aaand the rate of exchange was 11mark's to the pound,so yah boo to you :D
incidentally why did the germans insist on putting friggin kartoffel salad on everything?
 
#17
u_didnt_c_me_i_wasnt_ther said:
our local lidl dont do the stuff, went to aldi aswell, left in disgust.
still the old ketchup mitt curry powder trick did the business. had some frikadella mitt kartoffel salad and fleisch salad to help wash it down for scoff yesterday.. dancer

try edeka if there is any around - they've got it :)
 
#18
Big tip if you are using the sauce. Roast a whole onion, red pepper and beef tom's.

Lay this stuff on a bed of kraut. Boil some Frankfurters and chop them up. Add to the layers - then pour on the sauce.

It takes the bitterness out of the kraut.
 
#19
the schnelly across the road from the main gate at hohne does a mean brattie mitt pommes.

cheers for the german deli link mr creosote, the woman has been looking and spending my months beer tokens already.
now i just need to locate the 3 litre bottle of asbach ( at naafi prices ) along with afew fuel tokens and we're dancing
 
#20
YesItsMe said:
Brush_Dust_Shake said:
Have to disagree there; the best currywurst mit pommes in the world ever was served by Gaststatte Sandar in Detmold, opposite the MQs near the side gate to Hobart Bks, washed down by large amounts of Dortmunder Thier & ice-cold shots of vodka. Still makes my mouth water now to think of it....... :D

seconded !!!
Thirded
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BrandySoured Cookery 1
YesItsMe Charity Auctions 33
S The Intelligence Cell 62

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top