currywurst sauce

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by ordinaryforces, Jun 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been out of the system for a long time now but would still fancy a currywurst,"nostalgia kicking in"Can any body tell me what the ingredients of the sauce was? and I will see if mrs OF can rustle it up, yum yum.
  2. Curry powder and tomato ketchup mate. Simplicity in itself.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I think that Lidl sells it as well.
  4. Ta Biscuits
    And there was me thinking it was some closely guarded boxhead secret recipe :D
  5. Ahh, Dortmund has the best schnellys serving the best currywurst in the worrrrld. You fatherless, I'm craving one now...
  6. Have to disagree there; the best currywurst mit pommes in the world ever was served by Gaststatte Sandar in Detmold, opposite the MQs near the side gate to Hobart Bks, washed down by large amounts of Dortmunder Thier & ice-cold shots of vodka. Still makes my mouth water now to think of it....... :D
  7. Dortmund mmm I remember it for different reason's......give you a clue it had narrow streets and big windows
  8. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

that's the right stuff :)
  9. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

seconded !!!
  10. The stuff that YesItsMe showed is the right stuff.

However Bikkies is correct. Tomato ketchup and curry powder is the currywurst sauce.

Remember to bring the potion to the boil though, to cook the spices out.

Then bobs yer uncle young fella me lad!

Cheers N_W.
  11. yesitsme
    Thankyou I shall go up and camp outside lidl's immediately.and await the morning
  12. Mmmm currywurst, found a snelly in kings lynn when visiting there a few years ago
  13. Yes I too remember that street from 1979, detached duty to Werl & Dortmund......met a very nice young lady down there who was a dead ringer for Kate Bush, wore full 58 pattern & only charged DM40!!!!!
    Happy days....... :)
  14. our local lidl dont do the stuff, went to aldi aswell, left in disgust.
    still the old ketchup mitt curry powder trick did the business. had some frikadella mitt kartoffel salad and fleisch salad to help wash it down for scoff yesterday.. dancer