Currywurst alert!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spike7451, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So I was up in Belfast today & saw that around the ront of the city hall was a little market,so being a nosy git,I went & had a butchers.
    Imagine my suprise on spotting a bratty stall,me nose was assaulted by the smell of Bratwurst's on a BBq grill......
    Then I saw it! Currywurst £2.50......5 minutes I was told by the Herman....
    So off I toddles on a dander & came across.....Proper Curry Ketchup & Mayo!!!... :D
    Oh joy of joys...Something I'd been searching for since way back.
    "I'll take 6 of each!" says I...."Buy one get one free" says the Dutch bird behind the counter. Even better!
    So clutching my bag of goodies,I toddles off to claim the Currywurst....
    Clutching the little paper tray in one paw,I forks a piece into my gob!
    Amazing,no longer was I standing in dreary,wet Belfast but back n Germany....Foodie bliss!
    And on the way home,quick detour into Lidl's for some Brattys!!!!!

The stalls are there in front of city hall until 10th Dec I was told.The Dutch stall where I got the sauce is thru the front gate to the right & about 25m on the left.The Brattie stall is to the left of the gate on the inside corner with the Bier tent furter on up on the same side.

Just thought you'd like to know.(just in case)

Oh,theres a BEIR TENT TOO!! :D
  2. Good work, Spike! I bought my ration of bratties, bockies and frikadelle at Lidl this morning too. I'll definitely be along to the city hall in the next few days for some more supplies! (Why does the Lidl in Lisburn not have a booze section, while in Banbridge they've got some good Deutche pilsner on sale?)
  3. There used to be "The Dortmunder Sausage Wagon" that parked in the B&Q car park in York.
    Top notch Bratties.
    Sad to say that it has moved on now.
    Have to make do with the supermarket variety now.

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I know,It's weird Bangors & Shore Road,Belfast are the only ones I know that have booze.
    That ,market in the city hall grounds is mainly German,Dutch & French.The dutch stall where I got the curry sauce from oes all the proper dutch cheeses as well as the christmas tree chocies you get over there.
    Well worth a trip.(even just for the currywurst!)
  5. There's a German Festive Market in Chester until 3/12.

Think I'll toddle over on Sunday for a bier and wurst run. The 'hand made traditional wooden toys' can get stuffed, however.
  6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Is the market in Belfast there for a while?
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The Dutch bird told me they're there till around the 10th Dec VB.
    Well worth a trip,even for the Gluewien!
  8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Here you go, VB.

There until the 19th of December.

Edit. Spike, you beat me while I was typing.
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers sixty,I knew it was till around then.
  10. I'm off to sample the market on sunday, should be good from what I've seen on the local news.
  11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is there any more local to the sarf coast?
  12. Arrrrrrrrgh!!!!

DON'T get the shite out of Lidls - its just that - shite.

Go and get from Sainsburys or Asda - far superior. Same with their Frikadelles too.

If this is the same lot, I am thinking of, they were in Scotland, until a month or two ago, for ages. I was in town, buying off their stalls, near enough every weekend. Their Currywurst was heaven...............................

They even had sweetie stalls that sold Smurfs!!!!!! Any Pads Brats from the 1980's remember them? I spent £15 on a fecking HUGE bag of them. :oops:
  13. 10th December eh?

Trust me to book into the Slieve Donard for the 18th :(
  14. Manchester has the German fair in St Peter's square. Its there most winters and Summers. Pure goodness, especially the Gluwein for when you've been mincing around in the cold.
  15. I have always tried to recreate my own little BAOR/BFG by stocking up on bratties & frikadellas from Aldi here up 'Norf'........not quite the same though.