Curry Thread..

I would also earnestly entreat one to desist from engaging in sexual relations, as I discovered to my cost (or to be precise, her cost) neither does washing one's hands entirely solve the problem. I suppose one could don gloves but that might be a bit of a turn-off.
Dampen your fingers (preferrably with water - she may not appreciate the "sting"). Rub salt through your fingers - it removes most of the burn. Wash well with warm water and soap. Play sticky finger.

Second Mint and Mustard and Paramount. Just moved family back to Penarth (renting Cae Canol whilst we renovate Paget Road).
Welcome to God's Own Country. Beware the east wind on Paget Road, I lived in one of the Northcliffe flats at the far end for a few years....

Ceylon I think always had it's own Governor separate from India.
For a period towards the end of the 18th century Ceylon was administered as part of the Madras Presidency. Not then a part, strictly speaking, of the British Raj, as such an administration did not exist until after the Mutiny, but nevertheless a part of the British India which was then under the authority and control of the East India Company.

For most of its existence though, you are quite right, it was administered separately as a crown colony.

muscat_diver

Old-Salt
Welcome to God's Own Country. Beware the east wind on Paget Road, I lived in one of the Northcliffe flats at the far end for a few years....
Cheers mate will give you a shout for a pint on my next visit. We plan to start renovating the house next to Steep Hill this September. Wife originally from Penarth and grew up in that house. Got planning just waiting on contractors to free up dems team to make a start...

Cheers mate will give you a shout for a pint on my next visit. We plan to start renovating the house next to Steep Hill this September
Steep Hill as in the Harrow pub?

OK - need some advice. Not about a recipe. Spilled some curry oil on the bed while trying to open a takeaway container...and even with two napkins and a bedsheet underneath it managed to get into the mattress - amateur mistake. I did the usual - ran and got some detergent and soap and water tried my best to wipe it off. It's mostly gone but some still there.

Anymore ideas to fully clean it? Or should I just flip the mattress over and pretend it never existed. Never again trying to open/ eat a curry while sitting on a bed. It's like a freaking oil spill.
Not being funny but...
Why are you bothered about how your mattress looks???

Not being funny but...
Why are you bothered about how your mattress looks???
Because it smelt of curry (despite me cleaning using what's at hand furiously) and I didn't want to pay money to the rental agency and deduct it from my deposit?

All good now - thanks to that tip by @Ecosse .

Latest Threads