Curry Thread..

...since I will be leaving the UK in a bit for OZ, wanted to start a curry thread as to the best places to hit before checking out...

My favs in London have always been Lahore Kebab House and Tayyab's...never had a curry on Bricklane....surprisingly..

What's your favorite places? I know Brits are fond of it...

The Indian curry was bought at random from an unnamed takeaway in London, along with burgers, kebabs and Chinese dishes, as part of a special investigation.

They were all sent for analysis with some unappetising results that may give many fast-food lovers pause for thought.

A show spokesman said: “Just when we thought things couldn’t get any worse, the results came in for an Indian lamb curry.

“It did contain meat – but it was not lamb, not pork, nor was it chicken or beef. Not horse, and not goat either.

“At this moment, the lab is unable to identify exactly which animal this meat came from.”

Nutritionist Surinder Phull added: “It’s absolutely terrifying because if it isn’t any of the meats we know, well what is it?

Dog or cat in our curry: Fears over 'mystery meat' in takeaway which has baffled experts

The Indian curry was bought at random from an unnamed takeaway in London, along with burgers, kebabs and Chinese dishes, as part of a special investigation.

They were all sent for analysis with some unappetising results that may give many fast-food lovers pause for thought.

A show spokesman said: “Just when we thought things couldn’t get any worse, the results came in for an Indian lamb curry.

“It did contain meat – but it was not lamb, not pork, nor was it chicken or beef. Not horse, and not goat either.

“At this moment, the lab is unable to identify exactly which animal this meat came from.”

Nutritionist Surinder Phull added: “It’s absolutely terrifying because if it isn’t any of the meats we know, well what is it?

Dog or cat in our curry: Fears over 'mystery meat' in takeaway which has baffled experts

Curry doesn't only come from India. There's also Siamese and Pekingese.

Curry doesn't only come from India. There's also Siamese and Pekingese.
There are a zillion curries out there and variations for sure....Thai, Indian, SriLankan, Chinese, Vietnamese, Singaporean etc etc...

wanted some reccos for the Indian ones as they apparently are the most popular ones here..

Curries are unique in the culinary world. It doesn't matter whether you have a good curry or a bad curry, they both have the same effect on the digestive system.

Both my father (served in India in the 1940s) and my grandfather (served in India in the 1920s) took the same view on curries, namely that they were created to disguise the flavour of tainted meat. Neither ate curries in Britain for that reason.

Now if he actually looked at that he wouldn’t have an excuse to start another thread now would he? He could have posted it in his London mooching thread as well since he won’t leave the city, so where the best curry is in the country is rather moot if he’s too scared to go anywhere......

Large Indian presence over here, so you won't have to travel far. Tends to be quite good more often than not, because they tend to make it the traditional way.

I'm half Indian myself, brought up on proper curry.

TamH70

MIA
Best hot (as in it made me sweat like an absolute bastard) curry I ever had was one my RLC WO2 chef made for a sergeant's mess do I was on steward duty for, and gave the staff lots to take away with us - a Gurkha/Nepali inspired chicken curry. I think it was only chicken because goat was a bit too outre for my old Regiment.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Worst curry I ever had was in India.

Think it was the pickled onions in it.

I got lucky a while back and found somewhere that does goat curry. Only place I've ever found that does it (or admits to it)...

Never brought a curry anywhere else since.

What's not to like about stuffing a pot full of spices designed to mask the taste of rotting meat, developed in a country where they shit in the street and don't have refrigerators?

Latest Threads