Curry for a sore throat

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by brucewillis, Oct 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a sore throat all week, for which I've taken all kinds of pills,powders and potions. None of which worked. So tonight I have eaten 1 x chicken madras and 5 x cans of Stella. The throat isn't hurting but I do seem to be farting a lot.

Anyone else found any other strange cures for ailments? Or am I talking complete bolloc ks!

2. No worries, at least its someone elses problem now.

3. Demi's not happy with my farting though!

4. A God given oportunity for a game of 'spit and duck'

5. don't worry once the ring sting has subsided the throat will reassert itself as the current pain. :x

6. I once had a really painful bladder infection - no, not that kind. Could hardly pee, the tiny trickle that came out felt like molten-glass and razor blades, the works. After two days of excruciating midnight pee-sessions I thought "Sod this, I'm phoning the doctor". But before I could dial, a mate called round and asked if I fancied a pint. Well, of course I did!...

Eight pints of Caffreys later, I stumbled with mounting dread to the bogs and adopted the standing alert position, reciting the infantyman's prayer at the thought of the pain to come (For what we are about to recieve may the Lord make us truly thankful).

A few seconds of agony then a sudden whoosh! and a brief glimpse of something jelly-like streaked with blood as it disappeared down the plug. I was perfectly fine from then on.

The moral of this story: beer is medicine. But then we knew that, already.

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'd like to thank you for implanting that vision in my mind this early on a Monday! It has quite put me off my packet of jelly babies that I was looking forward to.

8. I think you just had a miscarriage smartascarrots

9. not really an illness but when in morrocco, got sh1tfaced and fell asleep in the sun. Woke up with sun burn on my lips, was facking agony, ate some spicey local scoff (harrissa and tuna thing), splashed a bit of sea water on my lips and bading! sunburn gone. 3 days of S&Ds coz of the food but at least no sunburn.

10. But that would imply having sex first...

11. :lol: :lol:

no, I don't believe you are a virgin..

:wink:

12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Once went for a slash after chopping Chili's!Feck me,me knob burned like I'd stuck it in a vat of acid!Took my mind off the hangover tho!