Current waiting times - Parachute Regiment?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ExplosiveKiwi, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this thread's posted quite a bit but obviously the answer changes, so does anyone know the current average time from the 1st trip to the AFCO, assuming you sign up asap, to starting CIC/ITC Catterick?

I'm in 1st year of 6th-form college right now (ages 16/17) and I can't join until after I've got my A-Levels, however if there's a 1.5 - 2 year waiting time, that'd fit nicely and I might be able to convince my mum to let me sign up over the next few months.

Also, once you get given a date for training, can it be brought forward and if so, (wah question but I don't know) would they allow you to complete your exams and start at the original date, or is it set in stone that you WILL attend the new (earlier) date?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It's exactly a year and a half until exams will be finished and I'd have no complaints about starting depot literally that week if it's the case.
  2. Go into a carers office they will tell you everything, usually takes 3-9months

Disco loves these threads
  3. I believe it's 3 seconds before checking your canopy.
  4. And I wasn't referring to bite size foods
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.