Current issue PT kit - what do you get?

#2
why? not as bad as it used to be......however we let our SUT wear their own.
 
#3
FFBox said:
why? not as bad as it used to be......however we let our SUT wear their own.
I've been told I'll get it issued actually. Anyway, just wondered what it would be.

I was hoping for one of those red v-neck t-shirts and some blue shorts that come down to my knees! :D
 
#4
ok it is as bad! rugby type shorts, green tee and hi-tech trainers
 
#8
i still have a pair of the pt-03's and they are quite comfy
 
#10
EX_STAB said:
FFBox said:
why? not as bad as it used to be......however we let our SUT wear their own.
I've been told I'll get it issued actually. Anyway, just wondered what it would be.

I was hoping for one of those red v-neck t-shirts and some blue shorts that come down to my knees! :D
I'll see if I can find mine for you if you like.
 
#15
omegahunter said:
Why don't they issue those PT-03's!
Because they are a private enterprise by some ex-PTI's that the system didn't go for even though they were trialled when the designers 'gave' a Bde's worth of shoes. Defence Clothing IPT just didn't go for them.
 
#16
whingeingpom said:
omegahunter said:
Why don't they issue those PT-03's!
Because they are a private enterprise by some ex-PTI's that the system didn't go for even though they were trialled when the designers 'gave' a Bde's worth of shoes. Defence Clothing IPT just didn't go for them.
They do issue PT03 to recruits and the indoor white version aswell.
 
#17
A bit of rash in my crotch and the odd blister on my feet, apart from that nothing else but ridicule :roll:
 
#19
In my unit, you get whatever size shorts they have left as they don't expect you to wear them (we still have SOME pride left :lol: ), Trainers are the bog standard silver shadows (I use my own 'cos of my biff chit - I'm probably entitled to specialist ones but I'm not going to push my luck - the 2 pairs of issue Lowa's are far more useful thank you very much!)

PT top is T-shirt, green - nipples for the chaffing of :wink:
 
#20
The PT-03's are issued in ATR's to recruits. Permenant staff are not issued these unless they are PTI's.

The recruits get both the outdoor pair and the white indoor pair.

I have seen above that some of you have still got running shoes after a number of years. Most running shoes should be replaced after 4 - 6 months of regular use. This ensures that they continue to take some of the high impact shock out of the exercise.

Lets face it we all need to look after our knees!! I have found that most Asics trainers in the £60 bracket last a while and are not to costly to replace regularly.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads