Current issue PT kit - what do you get?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any pictures of the issue PT kit? Just curious.

2. why? not as bad as it used to be......however we let our SUT wear their own.

3. I've been told I'll get it issued actually. Anyway, just wondered what it would be.

I was hoping for one of those red v-neck t-shirts and some blue shorts that come down to my knees! :D

4. ok it is as bad! rugby type shorts, green tee and hi-tech trainers

5. Sounds fab! What colour are the shorts?

6. Why don't they issue those PT-03's!

7. I had a pair of those, didn't rate them.

8. i still have a pair of the pt-03's and they are quite comfy

9. I do, best running trainers I've ever had but I guess they don't suit everyone.

10. I'll see if I can find mine for you if you like.

11. I'm a big fella and they just didn't stand up to much running. Fell out of shape pretty quickly.

12. I've had a pair for 4 years, and been unable to destroy them, although the tread on the heel and toe is beginning to go.

13. Just bought my 2nd pair to put away for when my current ones are knackered, fairly cheap off the APTC PRI website.

14. We got Silver Shadows but despite many requests we didn't get anything else. I ended up buying some plain blue shorts just to keep the peace.

15. Because they are a private enterprise by some ex-PTI's that the system didn't go for even though they were trialled when the designers 'gave' a Bde's worth of shoes. Defence Clothing IPT just didn't go for them.