Current Issue G10 Wristwatch

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I have worn a traser for about 16 years. Tells the time accurately, takes hits, likes warter and is easy to read in the dark. changing batteries, servicing and replacement ctystal reasonable.
Traser H3 watches — Official UK Sales and Service Centre | Watches
Mind you I bought mine in BFG and it cost a lot less than the newer jobies.
Even though you're a ridiculous blue job, (and that's the past tense of blow,) I'll support your opinion on Traser watches.
They hold the time perfectly, can handle diving in salt water, the batts lasts far longer than advertised, and the Tritium goes on for ages more than they claim.
TOWT liked my working one so much, she had me buy a 'nice' version to wear when I'm off duty.

Prompted by an ad which popped up on my pages here, I'd like to put in a 'Not Recommended' point; do not, under any circumstances, buy a watch made by 'MWC'. I bought one ten years ago, thinking that it would do what it said on the box; ie show the time in the middle of the night. I got it while on leave in the UK, took it back to my place of work and tried it out on my first night back. All I could see was a splodge of weak light from my wrist - I've no idea how they managed to foul up that function, but thankfully it wasn't too crucial on the occasion, as I was with someone with a timer that worked. The annoyance was sufficient for me to give it to a village kiddie next day, after a serious snotgram to the seller.
Ha , I just got a new one off a well know auction site for £60.00,this model MWC , my best watch is going away for service so the MWC only has to last a couple of month`s , hopefully at least one of the hands will stay on that long :)

Last edited:
Ha , I just got a new one off a well know auction site for £60.00,this model MWC , my best watch is going away for service so the MWC only has to last a couple of month`s , hopefully at least one of the hands will stay on that long :)
If it was as well made as the one I owned, you might be able to sell it on in a Jakarta market for about £10. I'd be happier with a fake Rolex (which would probably have a reliable Chinese movement and tell me the time on a dark night).

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
i have owned a mwc for ten years now and apart from changing the battery never had any problems with it , why the down on mwc? Had one with the date bubble on it but gave it away coz it got on my titsbeing the wrong date all the time and i couldn't be arrsed to keep changing it , that is still going strong as well .

My £60.00 MWC turned up today , seems perfect and actually works! I saved £215.00 on the MSRP so win win, I`ll report back if parts start falling off it.

An ex lieutenant colonel who only had a year or so to go moved in to our village a few years ago and on leaving the the army stepped straight into a new job at a large local MOD site up the road as project manager. Amazing coincidence we thought and how lucky for him. You can see where it was all coming from.

He didn't move over to the reserves and became a full on Range Rover driving civvy. He used to bore us at the pub with tales of having the upper hand at all the meetings as he was a civvy and could basically tell all the army guys of high rank where to get off and he himself really did get off on that.

One evening he was very quiet at the pub and left early, withdrawing from village life and just being in the background. We eventually got the full story from still serving guys who had had to suffer this ex lieutenant colonel's meeting's

Anyway, toward the end of one meeting, he was asked why he was still wearing a G10 watch by one of the officers, had he bought it? Apparently there was much mumbling and the officer closed the meeting and asked the ex Lt Col to stay behind for a meeting. Not sure if it was civvy Plod, MOD or SIB but they played with him for an hour and then went through his house as he had given them grounds for suspicion of theft etc etc.

We understood that no-cared about the watch at all and a number of ex-serving guys had watches or other kit but this chap had been such a difficult pain in the backside an excuse was found to turn the tables and put a huge warning shot over his bows.

Last edited:
An ex lieutenant colonel who only had a year or so to go moved in to our village a few years ago and on leaving the the army stepped straight into a new job at a large local MOD site up the road as project manager. Amazing coincidence we thought and how lucky for him. You can see where it was all coming from.

He didn't move over to the reserves and became a full on range rover driving civvy. He used to bore us at the pub with tales of having the upper hand at all the meetings as he was a civvy and could basically tell all the army guys of high rank where to get off and he himself really did get off on that.

One evening he was very quiet at the pub and left early, withdrawing from village life and just being in the background. We eventually got the full story from still serving guys who had had to suffer this ex l lieutenant colonel's meeting's

Anyway, toward the end of one meeting, he was asked why he was still wearing a G10 watch by one of the officers, had he bought it? Apparently there was much mumbling and the officer closed the meeting and asked the ex Lt Col to stay behind for a meeting. Not sure if it was civvy Plod, MOD or SIB but they played with him for an hour and then went through his house as he had given them grounds for suspicion of theft etc etc.

We understood that no-cared abut the watch at all but this chap had been such a difficult pain in the backside an excuse was found to turn the tables and put a huge warning shot over his bows.
Not clever enough to say "ebay" then and evade any suspicion.

Good, serves him right. I've got two such faecal stains in my office, not ex-mob just full on "I'm always right" types who love to give you the benefit of their advice whether you want it or not.
It's good to hear of one being taken down a peg or three.

Not clever enough to say "ebay" then and evade any suspicion.

Good, serves him right. I've got two such faecal stains in my office, not ex-mob just full on "I'm always right" types who love to give you the benefit of their advice whether you want it or not.
It's good to hear of one being taken down a peg or three.
Even ebay will have a trail, car boot cash in hand officer, some bloke called stacker or something