Current Issue G10 Wristwatch

I'm a military watch collector and would like to know which company has the contract for G10 watches?

Out of interest, when did they stop issuing the old mechanical watches?

And for anyone who has one - they are becoming very pricy collectables.,

A smiths W10 (they were EVERYWHERE at one time) = +/- USD800 - USD1200 these days

A Hamilton W10 (very common years ago) = USD600-USD800.

If you want to sell me one for a tenner.....

What was wrong with the pulsar ones?

Out of interest, when did they stop issuing the old mechanical watches?

And for anyone who has one - they are becoming very pricy collectables.,
Quartz movement is cheaper, more reliable with better accuracy.

CWC at Silvermans.

My wife brought me one probably ten or twelve years ago now. I think she paid around £80 for it.

It's used two batteries during that time and I recently brought a compound that cleaned up the face.

I don't do flashy watches since I brought an Omega when I was in the mob and it never came off my wrist no matter what I was doing and then it stopped. After I left the Army, I eventually sold it for almost nothing. Big mistake but there you go.

Although I don't wear the CWC when I go to sleep these days, it never comes off my wrist during the day no matter what I'm doing and I still occasionally get involved in some hard graft in rotten weather. It just keeps going and if something did happen to it, It's not the cost of an Omega to replace it.

Last edited:
I was bought one of them a couple of years ago,plain grey strap,looks cool (to me).