Current issue combat clothing

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by General Melchett, May 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

It may have been done to death before and if it has I apologise.

I have noticed that the new batches of Jacket, Combat, Lightweight, Woodland DP have the Union flag pre-sewn on. Great you you cry, however all I have seen so far have been sewn on in an extremely strange position. Plus the quality of the stitching is bobbins.

If the sleeve were to be pressed with a crease opposite the sleeve seam the flag would be at least and inch and a half forward nearly on the front of the arm! Another example of trying but not quite getting it?

Anyone else noticed this?

2. I have also noticed this, but not just on the shirts and jackets of green kit, but on dessies as well

3. An inevitable result from placing the contracts with sweat shops in Nodoshistan and the like, where the pieceworkers have to sew on a flag a minute to make their 50 cents a day pay.

4. General Melchett

MoD being seen off again.

5. Keeps the RSM in a job though.

6. Oh thats nice! Can I give him my shirts and so on to get the badges sited correctly?

7. There's also a problem with Cadets being issued kit with flags on, when it's supposedly against the rules for cadets to be wearing it. You'd expect if they decided to supply them with it on, someone would take 5 mins to check it's in the right place.

8. its not really a problem jamah just cut it off.......unless you want to MOD to change its supply system and contracts just to suit the cadets :!: :!:

9. Yeah I wasn't complaining, it just seems to be one of those extra **** problems we encounter during life. 99% of people in the ACF don't have a problem with cadets wearing them and then along comes some twat who spends twenty minutes explaining how we could be confused with regular soldiers and mistreated.

10. and whats wrong with a little maltreatment? Does em good, get down in that mud pool and give me twenty!!

11. It has been quoted elsewhere on this site, that HQ Land have in fact authorised the ACF/CCF to wear the union flag on the left arm.

12. Yep, in our unit they issued us our kit, got us to wear it for all of 1/2 an hour and then but out boxes to be sent of to the tailors. Got them back still looking like thay had been sown on by a blind man but in roughly the right place (I don't think RSM doubled up as a tailor) 8O .
    The sharp ones amougst you will realise that JACKET FIELD, Woodland, Disruptively Patterned also shares this problem. :roll:

13. General Melchett

Lucky it's OK on the hooded smock. ;)

14. Its not even just 3rd world tailors. Guys from my unit put stuff in to be tailored for the SCOTS amalgamation and you should have seen the state of it as it came back... TRFs halfway round the arms and such. Most of the guys have had to pick it off and re-sow it.

15. Yeah, it was an absolute bugger but as I had a new bde flash to stitch on too I just unpicked it and stitched it on in the right place.

The funny bit is seeing some of the recruits ironing their crease in through the flag resulting in a forward facing crease :twisted: