Current famous pop stars that have been in the forces

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by very-old-git, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am trying to find out who of the current batch of British popular music groups or individuals have served in any of HM's armed forces. Yes I know James (Bloody) Blunt did but who else ? and if they did what are your most desired tracks.

2. Billy Bragg although his military service was short lived and I'm not sure that he is particularly active in pop circles these days.

3. The Monkees ............... :D

4. Billy Connolly is still a well-known name. Probably not a pop star, though.

5. H from Steps was an RAF Drill Sergeant.

6. [​IMG]

Lt Colonel Sir Reginald Dwight as a young cavalry officer.

7. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't Jimmy Somerville in the Royal Signals?

8. shouldn't that be the other way round?

9. Freddie Mercury was in the Queens.

10. Space time continuum is a bit fucked up but I was the most important universe in the rock star during the 2020s. Sorry about Elton John's gang-rape by the way.;

11. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Not exactly current, but Bill Wyman was in the RAF.

13. My Dad was in the RAF Regt* and can do a cracking rendition of Mule Train -- even cracking a tray on his head at the "Yeeehhhhaaa" stage.

Does that count?

*When they didn't just do barriers and actually did patrols in NI in the 60s/70s and stuff - before you start.

14. Well James 'Bloody' Blunt is finally doing a Concert in the Balkans, a One Off this Sunday at the Zetra Stadium (where Torville and Dean did their thing back in the 84 Winter Olympics)...

15. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

What a perculiar thing to do, or even want to do..

The two industries are so unlike each other as to almost defy the possibility (until conscription of course...).