Current Application Ongoing; Is It Worth Applying for Reserves too?

Hi all,

I had a quick search and couldn't find anything on here specifically related to my question. I have a current Officer application ongoing, however, I know it'll most likely be the end of the year before I may get into training, and that's if I'm not delayed anywhere. I was wondering whether it's worthwhile applying for the reserves alongside my main application to become a reservist in the meantime, get some experience of the lifestyle and fitness etc and potentially some additional experience, or is that just detrimental to my full time application? I have a suspicion that I would only be allowed one application at a time and it's one or the other.

Thanks for any advice. Apologies to moderators if I've missed this question elsewhere - I've fallen foul of that already.

If you think that you are going to get into a reserve unit before you get to RMAS, think again.

Have a look at any of the myriad of complaints on here about how long the process can take.....

Short answer: no.

Why clog up the system?

If you think that you are going to get into a reserve unit before you get to RMAS, think again.

Have a look at any of the myriad of complaints on here about how long the process can take.....
I did think it was probably likely to take a while, but wasn't sure if it might be quicker than the regular application

Short answer: no.

Why clog up the system?
Mainly in the interest of getting experience to help with my regular application and also get more insight into Army life. Whilst I have an idea, it's different to getting hands-on experience. Fair enough though, it's probably better to just wait for the regular application to go through.

Latest Threads