Curly Smith in Aden

I've just came across this thread about the RScots in Aden. I can remember my ole man's stories about the Radfan etc. I don't know if any of you x-RScots will know him. His nick name was 'Curly', and was from Tranent. he was a highland dancer and used to knock around with Big George Duncan (Duncs) who was also from Tranent and was an army boxer. Both my ole man and George have both passed away now, but the stories when they got together will stick with me forever. I'm actually engaged to George's daughter now and have a 5 year old boy we've named Aiden because of the Aden link with our da's. Any info, photo's etc would be great.

Well thats a nice Irish name and nothing wrong with that but FFS and dont tell him he was named after one of the biggest shit holes on earth. Or perhaps I should have said the gateway to the biggest grossest shithole on earth

It looked nice from the Union Castle porthole; glad I never set foot on dry earth there, though...

If you've got nothing positive to say shit bag then keep your mouth shut! Did you get a punch in the puss of him like? F*@king idiot.
There's a certain sense of humour on this site. Get wound up as you just did and you'll be in receipt of that humour by the cart load. You've just made yourself a target. Wind your neck in.

My uncle's brother's dad was in the Royal Scots I think, he was called Dinger. Nobody ever said where he got his nickname from.

cheers

Chalky

oldbaldy

LE
I've just came across this thread about the RScots in Aden. I can remember my ole man's stories about the Radfan etc. I don't know if any of you x-RScots will know him. His nick name was 'Curly', and was from Tranent. he was a highland dancer and used to knock around with Big George Duncan (Duncs) who was also from Tranent and was an army boxer. Both my ole man and George have both passed away now, but the stories when they got together will stick with me forever. I'm actually engaged to George's daughter now and have a 5 year old boy we've named Aiden because of the Aden link with our da's. Any info, photo's etc would be great.
Was his surname Wurley?

There's a certain sense of humour on this site. Get wound up as you just did and you'll be in receipt of that humour by the cart load. You've just made yourself a target. Wind your neck in.
I can take humour baldy, but 'Feenix' the knobs comment doesn't fall in that category unfortunately. If he or anyone else had an issue with my ole man, they should've took it up with him without running his mouth on here. Just shows how much a shit bag and coward 'Feenix' the penis is to refer to my ole man as a 'shit hole' when he's not here to defend himself, so I'll do it for him. You wants to act his age.....

I can take humour baldy, but 'Feenix' the knobs comment doesn't fall in that category unfortunately. If he or anyone else had an issue with my ole man, they should've took it up with him without running his mouth on here. Just shows how much a shit bag and coward 'Feenix' the penis is to refer to my ole man as a 'shit hole' when he's not here to defend himself, so I'll do it for him. You wants to act his age.....
Calm down young man, read Feenix's post again, slowly, then a second time. Then go and have another bottle of Buckfast, it may help. Its Aden the place that's being called the shithole not your father. Just in case even after the Buckfast you still hadn't picked that up.