Curious going's on at Brecon

I'm picking up reliably sourced chatter about what happened within the last week when the first female to attend the Platoon Sergeants' Battle Course failed the 8 Miler, which is apparently the passing-in standard nowadays. Any takers?

(Hint: Not what usually happens.)

I'm picking up reliably sourced chatter about what happened within the last week when the first female to attend the Platoon Sergeants' Battle Course failed the 8 Miler, which is apparently the passing-in standard nowadays. Any takers?

(Hint: Not what usually happens.)
Have we had any females pass the CIC yet? If not how did this one reach full Cpl in the Infantry?

Standards wont drop though, no siree.

Depends how she failed.
We've had fit blokes fail CFTs because they were not well enough to take it ( take paracetamol and get in line you poof pressure) or one chap who smacked his knee slipping on a cattle grid.
They all passed later when recovered. Tbh, unless we know the circumstances, it might be pure bad luck on her part.

When I was my All Arms SAA,there was a Junior course running. I'm sure some of them were not infantry,can soldiers from the Corps volunteer to attend?
Yes.

For some units/sub units it is almost expected due to role.

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
When I was my All Arms SAA,there was a Junior course running. I'm sure some of them were not infantry,can soldiers from the Corps volunteer to attend?
Used to be a couple of slots reserved for non-Infantry in each platoon. Most were Cavalry types or Artillery Forward Observer types, although we had a couple of RAF Regt on my course too.

There was an article in 'Combat' journal a few years ago now, written by two Cav SNCOs who had attended PSBC after an Afghan tour where they had been employed in a dismounted role for some of it. The gist of it was that doing the course beforehand would have been of immense use and their recommendation was for more Cav NCOs to attend it.

Further to my last, what I've been told is that she is the first female to attend and along with seven blokes failed the Day 1 run, and that the expectation was that they would all be RTU as a matter of course., but they weren't. Much chuntering all round from the other students (and I have no doubt from the staff as well) and followed by the announcement of a rule change, apparently the run is no longer a pass or fail/RTU. How convenient, obvs.
A few hours later came another announcement, the media having now heard about it, and as a result she has been binned, along with 17 others, presumably to take the heat off her. You can imagine the line I'm sure:

"Oh yes, well she failed and we had to RTU her, no special treatment here, standards and all that. Of course 17 men also failed!"

Chuntering ongoing as far as I know, though not as loud now!

Depends how she failed.
We've had fit blokes fail CFTs because they were not well enough to take it ( take paracetamol and get in line you poof pressure) or one chap who smacked his knee slipping on a cattle grid.
They all passed later when recovered. Tbh, unless we know the circumstances, it might be pure bad luck on her part.
Yeah, bad luck she was born with a fanny.

Further to my last, what I've been told is that she is the first female to attend and along with seven blokes failed the Day 1 run, and that the expectation was that they would all be RTU as a matter of course., but they weren't. Much chuntering all round from the other students (and I have no doubt from the staff as well) and followed by the announcement of a rule change, apparently the run is no longer a pass or fail/RTU. How convenient, obvs.
A few hours later came another announcement, the media having now heard about it, and as a result she has been binned, along with 17 others, presumably to take the heat off her. You can imagine the line I'm sure:

"Oh yes, well she failed and we had to RTU her, no special treatment here, standards and all that. Of course 17 men also failed!"

7 or 17 plowed in?

So...some people failed to make a course standard and were RTU.

Cheers for this breaking news.

Have we had any females pass the CIC yet? If not how did this one reach full Cpl in the Infantry?
Non Infantry NCO/SNCO can attend if they are looking to go to a role that requires it, I knew several RMP that passed it in order to be a SSgt at RMAS.

Latest Threads