Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Cultural Marxism, the Neo Right, and threats to Western Democracy

Both left and right exist as legitimate political viewpoints. The right champions society and organisation, and institutions and structures. The left champions the individual - one at least it is meant to. Both need to exist.

I would suggest that the Left champions the individual, as long as all the individuals do it the way the Left want it done.

There are a large number of "Left" spokeshumans who are too happy to put everyone into collective groupings and then insist the collective groupings are responsible or attributable for certain traits.

I would suggest that the Left champions the individual, as long as all the individuals do it the way the Left want it done.

There are a large number of "Left" spokeshumans who are too happy to put everyone into collective groupings and then insist the collective groupings are responsible or attributable for certain traits.

Quite. It’s not therefore a championing of the individual.

From our new Secretary of State for Defence, written when she was Secretary of State for International Development:

Penny Mordaunt: The twelve new rules of politics | Conservative Home

7) The West needs to get its mojo back.

The driving forces that have made the world a better place are the scientific advances, rule of law, property rights, representative government, a plurality of political thought, capitalism and the liberalisation of trade, consumer power and win-win international cooperation. But faith in those things is being rocked. We stand on the brink of huge breakthroughs in making the world healthier and wealthier. Without those things that have enabled us to make progress to date, we will fail to make progress in the future.

Last edited:
From our new Secretary of State for Defence:

Penny Mordaunt: The twelve new rules of politics | Conservative Home

7) The West needs to get its mojo back.

The driving forces that have made the world a better place are the scientific advances, rule of law, property rights, representative government, a plurality of political thought, capitalism and the liberalisation of trade, consumer power and win-win international cooperation. But faith in those things is being rocked. We stand on the brink of huge breakthroughs in making the world healthier and wealthier. Without those things that have enabled us to make progress to date, we will fail to make progress in the future.
Better place for who ? certainly the top 5% couldn't ask for anything more in life, especially since borders came down and they could bestride this earth. I would also ask, is our defence aims to defend that 5%, defend the nation or act as an enforcer for globalist money.

She was not at Defence when she wrote that. She was the Secretary of State was at the Department for International Development.

Do you not see the point about a legal framework, separation of powers, and respect for the individual? Bad governance spoils many potentially prosperous societies.

The "Far Right" is the natural voice of the people.
The "Far Left" is only a minority of misguided intellectuals.

I disagree with the first sentence. The “far right” is the province of the poorly educated, the hard of thinking, the easily led and confused and the gullible. The evidence is that the hard right have never gained any electoral traction in this country. None. Ever. It is only the preserve of neo-Nazis.

Therefore it is not the natural voice of the people.

I disagree with the second one too. The far left is not a minority of misguided intellectuals. It is a collection of random misfits who are far removed from “intellectuals”, who, almost by definition, are far more nuanced than your simplistic dichotomy.

I will concede that the “far left” consists of a lot of people who think they are profound intellectuals. They’re not.

Your post is meaningless nonsense.

I disagree with the first sentence. The “far right” is the province of the poorly educated, the hard of thinking, the easily led and confused and the gullible. The evidence is that the hard right have never gained any electoral traction in this country. None. Ever. It is only the preserve of neo-Nazis.

Therefore it is not the natural voice of the people.

I disagree with the second one too. The far left is not a minority of misguided intellectuals. It is a collection of random misfits who are far removed from “intellectuals”, who, almost by definition, are far more nuanced than your simplistic dichotomy.

I will concede that the “far left” consists of a lot of people who think they are profound intellectuals. They’re not.

Your post is meaningless nonsense.
No it's not nonsense - it's the truth.