Cultural Marxism, the Neo Right, and threats to Western Democracy

I disagree with the first sentence. The “far right” is the province of the poorly educated, the hard of thinking, the easily led and confused and the gullible. The evidence is that the hard right have never gained any electoral traction in this country. None. Ever. It is only the preserve of neo-Nazis.

Therefore it is not the natural voice of the people.

I disagree with the second one too. The far left is not a minority of misguided intellectuals. It is a collection of random misfits who are far removed from “intellectuals”, who, almost by definition, are far more nuanced than your simplistic dichotomy.

I will concede that the “far left” consists of a lot of people who think they are profound intellectuals. They’re not.

Your post is meaningless nonsense.
No it's not nonsense - it's the truth.

You might want to check the order of those actions?
Nope, the joys of dual citizenship; so shred my British passport as I would not want to be associated with a country that holds the 'majority' views espoused by Nanny McPhee there.

Last edited:
Nope, the joys of dual citizenship; so shred my British passport as I would not want to be associated with a country that helps the 'majority' views espoused by Nanny McPhee there.
Ah. Sadly I only have the one.

Still plenty of babies in the cemetery...

You've been brainwashed.
If you mean 'far right' as in being the 'old right' then you may well be right. People like Jordan Peterson and Sir Roger Scruton have been demonised by the left leaning media.

However - far right in the more normal sense means people who tend towards fascist ideas, which are all about group identity, conformity, and control.

If you mean 'far right' as in being the 'old right' then you may well be right. People like Jordan Peterson and Sir Roger Scruton have been demonised by the left leaning media.

However - far right in the more normal sense means people who tend towards fascist ideas, which are all about group identity, conformity, and control.
I had read something about the left moving farther left, so that now what used to be considered "the centre" is "right" of the "left", therefore is considered to be "far right".

It all comes down to where you sit, because you must be moderate after all. Its all the other lunatics who are unreasonable

Identity politics, all comrades being equal and the state doing all your thinking for you?

Oh dear.
Which were why I started a thread on identity politics and indeed started this thread. Marxism strongly influenced fascism and the Nazis.

Karl Marx has to be the most dangerous human being in history.

I had read something about the left moving farther left, so that now what used to be considered "the centre" is "right" of the "left", therefore is considered to be "far right".

It all comes down to where you sit, because you must be moderate after all. Its all the other lunatics who are unreasonable
Exactly! Which is what I hope @mcphee1948 was talking about.

Identity politics, all comrades being equal and the state doing all your thinking for you?

Oh dear.
I'd argue that one of the greatest difficulties that authoritarian movements of any kind have with the UK is that the British public are in general free-thinking and anti-authoritarian.

Although we may embrace an idea or orthodoxy for a while, once it starts to dictate to us, our natural rebellious instincts kick in. This, as much as anything is what lay behind BREXIT, and why Project Fear was precisely the wrong instrument to use against the Euro-sceptical elements of the British public.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd argue that one of the greatest difficulties that authoritarian movements of any kind have with the UK is that the British public are in general free-thinking and anti-authoritarian.

Although we may embrace an idea or orthodoxy for a while, once it starts to dictate to us, our natural rebellious instincts kick in. This, as much as anything is what lay behind BREXIT, and why Project Fear was precisely the wrong instrument to use against the Euro-sceptical elements of the British public.
A point that a great many of the Remain crowd have completely failed to comprehend. While this nation has been a haven for radicals for centuries (starting with the Hugenots I think), but have payed little mind to their rantings or ravings generally.

A point that a great many of the Remain crowd have completely failed to comprehend. While this nation has been a haven for radicals for centuries (starting with the Hugenots I think), but have payed little mind to their rantings or ravings generally.
The Huguenots fitted in pretty seamlessly. Industrious and protestant, from cities with strong historical ties to England. It has not always gone quite so smoothly.

If I thought you were correct, I'd shred my UK passport and emigrate tonight.

ETA; clarification
I'm not certain but he might be referring to the fact in the eyes of the leftist, everyone to the political right of Fidel Castro is "Far Right".

Take Theresa May, she is a Neo Liberal to borrow a term form the Americans. She is not a conservative, she is a centre left preservationist but she now heads up the formerly Right wing / Sometimes centre right wing party in the UK.

When a real conservative comes along, they are branded as Far Right.

You only need to look at some legacy media headlines about various conservative figures for ten minutes to get a feel for the fact that "Far Right" is nothing but an attempted smear used to discredit political opposition to the marxist narrative.

Carl Benjamin, the man who said that he would not rape Jess Phillips or anyone else for that matter and the UKIP MEP candidate for the South West is constantly being tagged as "Far Right" inspite of publishing thousands of videos on youtube pushing the values and ideals of classical liberalism.

Got a legitimate concern about mass immigration? Far right nazi

Dont like the fact that there are ISIS and other jihadists being cultivated in the UK? Far right nazi

Think that trans-gendered people who enter into womens power lifting events and smash all the records on their first try ? Far right nazi

Think that "the best person for the job" should get the job? Far Right nazi and possibly a fascist

Want a sensible, sustainable and low impact approach to asylum seekers and migrants? Fascist

Want the democratic result of the EU ref to be honoured? Obviously only a Far Right nazi fascist would want such a thing.

The term "Far Right" is used to discredit, silence and smear anyone who challenges the narrative and it works, on this site alone at any one time there are multiple, bitter arguments taking place over subjects and people where one side has looked into it in detail and has realised that all is not as it seems and the other side bitterly enforcing the headlines of "Far right".

I've fallen into it myself a few times and found myself defending people who I do not necessarily like or agree with but I feel I must when they have been mislabled and people are being lied to about them.

It is made all the more sinister when the main information outlets (social media) are censoring right wing individuals and groups at a rate of knots, banning them from the platforms, lobying the payment processors, mastercard, visa etc to ban them to and doing everything that they can to ruin those who voice dissent.

It would be funny if it were not so serious. This is how civilisations fall. Anyone who has read anything about the Roman's ought to know this.

Although we may embrace an idea or orthodoxy for a while, once it starts to dictate to us, our natural rebellious instincts kick in. This, as much as anything is what lay behind BREXIT, and why Project Fear was precisely the wrong instrument to use against the Euro-sceptical elements of the British pubtlic.
And so the population is diluted / replaced with more compliant people from say, Islamic countries who were born, raised and indoctrinated into an intolerant regime that conflates religion, spirituality, morals and politics and lumps it all under the banner of Islam. You cant leave if you dont like it, well you can but your family will disown you, nobody will be friends with you or do business with you and somebody will try to kill you at some point because it's written into the rules that way.

Since Tony Blairs reign, the UK government have been granting ~200-300 thousand people a year the right to remain in the UK. Migrants if you will. Then there are a much lower number of "asylum applicants". ~20k'ish a year and then the illegals.

Add those numbers up and x by the 20 years since it started and you have a very large number of new people who are prone to reproduce exponentially for cultural reasons and we are where we are now, millions of new Labour voters and millions of new low skilled workers to keep the wages down in the market place and the house prices high.

I would rather live in the Britain that used to be, the one that fought two world wars, built an empire and was a beacon of freedom in the world (unless you were one of those countries in the empire). Cricket on sundays, strawberry's and cream, swallows and amazons and all that good stuff. I think by now it is safe to say that it is A) too late to stop it or roll it back and B) has not worked out in the best interests of the people and C) Blair will be remembered by historians not just for the appalling decision to destabilise the Middle east but as the man who began the process that lead to the end of the British.

And so the population is diluted / replaced with more compliant people from say, Islamic countries who were born, raised and indoctrinated into an intolerant regime that conflates religion, spirituality, morals and politics and lumps it all under the banner of Islam. You cant leave if you dont like it, well you can but your family will disown you, nobody will be friends with you or do business with you and somebody will try to kill you at some point because it's written into the rules that way.

Since Tony Blairs reign, the UK government have been granting ~200-300 thousand people a year the right to remain in the UK. Migrants if you will. Then there are a much lower number of "asylum applicants". ~20k'ish a year and then the illegals.

Add those numbers up and x by the 20 years since it started and you have a very large number of new people who are prone to reproduce exponentially for cultural reasons and we are where we are now, millions of new Labour voters and millions of new low skilled workers to keep the wages down in the market place and the house prices high.

I would rather live in the Britain that used to be, the one that fought two world wars, built an empire and was a beacon of freedom in the world (unless you were one of those countries in the empire). Cricket on sundays, strawberry's and cream, swallows and amazons and all that good stuff. I think by now it is safe to say that it is A) too late to stop it or roll it back and B) has not worked out in the best interests of the people and C) Blair will be remembered by historians not just for the appalling decision to destabilise the Middle east but as the man who began the process that lead to the end of the British.

Great post.

You make a fair case. Again, there comes a point at which the tolerant British say enough is enough. A classic example of this pendulum swing is the Trade Union movement in the 1970's. Initially the underdogs, fighting for the rights of British workers, by the time that the union bosses were taking "beer and sandwiches in No 10" they were seen to have become overly authoritarian and part of the problem. This ushered in the Thatcher era.

Whilst the predictions of inter-ethnic strife in Enoch Powell's "Rivers of Blood" speech did not then come to pass, it was primarily because the initial wave of Indian and Caribbean immigrants quickly integrated into the British way of life. The same is not the case with the Muslim community, or in some cases the children of the initial immigrants. Nor do I think these communities can be blamed directly. It has been a deliberate policy of successive UK governments to pursue a twin track approach of permitting largely unrestricted immigration whilst encouraging the politics of identity and of voluntary segregation, which serves to keep communities (of all sorts) apart.

It is understandable that large numbers of people do not like this. The risk is always that where reasonable doubt is suppressed for too long, the pull to the extremes becomes stronger. This is pretty well how authoritarian imposition of the Versailles Treaty on proud, defeated and resentful Germany begat Hitler.

Last edited: