Cultural Marxism, the Neo Right, and threats to Western Democracy

What I find quite telling when watching any interview with Jordan Peterson is how hostile the intercviewer is & they are constantly trying to trip him up to get that "Gotcha" moment.

The problem is he knows his subject and measures every words he says very carefully before using it and therefore spends a large part of the time correcting the thinly veiled attack proposed as a question.

The thing with Jordan Peterson is that they try to make him out to be some sort of anti Semite for pointing out that Jews are over represented in high power fields and this is probably related to their intelligence. He makes the point that people have different abilities. Why is that so controversial?

I had a friend who described herself as a feminist. When I commented about the lack of female Engineers, she pointed out that men and women are generally interested in different things, and have subtly different skills and motivations.

Likewise - look at the way left wing scoundrels have misrepresented Sir Roger Scruton, and those fools in the Tory party have panicked and sacked him from some post. He is accused of being anti Muslim, yet he talks of Muslim friends and quotes the Qur'an. He is accused of being anti gay, yet as far back as 1986, when mainstream attitudes were not very gay friendly, he wrote that homosexuality is not a sin.

Having the right attitudes is not enough it seems - you need to use the exact phrases, as if they have been approved by the politburo.

Ben Shapiro argues that the West has benefited from the influence of two cities - Jerusalem and Athens.

Jerusalem has given us Judeo-Christian values that provide a higher purpose for the individual and holds everyone accountable for the actions. Athens represents rational and logical thinking.

My own (Anglocentric) views are the three key influences were/are:

1. The influence of the Ten Commandments, Christ, and other faiths

These things have influenced our laws and societal values, and other religions such as Islam. They give every individual value and hold them to account for their actions. Forgiveness, Repentance, and natural justice have been important for the development of society and the system of rules.

2. Separation of executive and judiciary power

The reason the Magna Carta was such a milestone is that it took powers away from the King, reducing the political influence on justice. I saw a TV programme last night that mentioned the coercive nature of the Communist Chinese regime - no legal checks and balances there.

3. The Scientific method

Sir Francis Bacon's work has influenced everything.
I saw a programme on German TV about the rise of civilization in Europe, one interesting point made was that before Europe started to conquer the world the Chinese were doing long range exploration with large fleets to places as far away as India and Africa, but this phase did not last long and the Chinese turned to internal politics. Had they continued their exploration, which was more about trade than military adventures then the world would be a very different place.

The thing with Jordan Peterson is that they try to make him out to be some sort of anti Semite for pointing out that Jews are over represented in high power fields and this is probably related to their intelligence. He makes the point that people have different abilities. Why is that so controversial?

I had a friend who described herself as a feminist. When I commented about the lack of female Engineers, she pointed out that men and women are generally interested in different things, and have subtly different skills and motivations.

Likewise - look at the way left wing scoundrels have misrepresented Sir Roger Scruton, and those fools in the Tory party have panicked and sacked him from some post. He is accused of being anti Muslim, yet he talks of Muslim friends and quotes the Qur'an. He is accused of being anti gay, yet as far back as 1986, when mainstream attitudes were not very gay friendly, he wrote that homosexuality is not a sin.

Having the right attitudes is not enough it seems - you need to use the exact phrases, as if they have been approved by the politburo.
On the subject of male / female choosing different fields, Jordan Peterson often quotes the Scandinavian countries as an example of the best examples of a egalitarian societies that back up your friends observation. As for watching what he says, it's a fair bet that every piece of footage available has been scrutinised to no avail. I guess that's the result when cold hard facts based on research meets a movement based on emotions.

Equality of opportunity dictates that some need a bunk up and head start. Peterson tends to dislike that philosophy, because its intentionally discriminatory and feeds dissatisfied people with a myth to explain their failure..

The worst thing is the entire privilege industry is feeding the far right with a constant stream of useful propaganda and anyone who wants harmony in the world should oppose this stuff.

Equality of opportunity dictates that some need a bunk up and head start. Peterson tends to dislike that philosophy, because its intentionally discriminatory and feeds dissatisfied people with a myth to explain their failure..

The worst thing is the entire privilege industry is feeding the far right with a constant stream of useful propaganda and anyone who wants harmony in the world should oppose this stuff.
Peterson is entirely in favour of equality of opportunity, he is against equality of outcome.

This is the YouTube clip I have been looking for:

Finding a scapegoat is not only the way the PC lobby acts, but also the Nazis persecuting the Jews, or modern right wing extremists scapegoating all of society's ills on minorities.

Another video of his that is worth looking at is this one:

Last edited:
This is the YouTube clip I have been looking for:

Finding a scapegoat is not only the way the PC lobby acts, but also the Nazis persecuting the Jews, or modern right wing extremists scapegoating all of society's ills on minorities.

Another video of his that is worth looking at is this one:

The trick is to establish a new narrative based on goodness and righteousness and then treat it as a holy text and anyone who commits blasphemy is either deranged or intentionally a bad person. Doesn't matter if its science or whatever debunking a narrative, truth and fact are not interdependent....

Take another classical cultural marxism in climate change. Most people including me thinks their is probably something in it, the evidence is largely observational and nobody is entirely sure for certain... But its evolved into a narrative that has all kinds of other things bolted onto it and its that process I object too.

Both left and right exist as legitimate political viewpoints. The right champions society and organisation, and institutions and structures. The left champions the individual - one at least it is meant to. Both need to exist.
I would suggest that the Left champions the individual, as long as all the individuals do it the way the Left want it done.

There are a large number of "Left" spokeshumans who are too happy to put everyone into collective groupings and then insist the collective groupings are responsible or attributable for certain traits.

I would suggest that the Left champions the individual, as long as all the individuals do it the way the Left want it done.

There are a large number of "Left" spokeshumans who are too happy to put everyone into collective groupings and then insist the collective groupings are responsible or attributable for certain traits.
Quite. It’s not therefore a championing of the individual.

From our new Secretary of State for Defence, written when she was Secretary of State for International Development:

Penny Mordaunt: The twelve new rules of politics | Conservative Home

7) The West needs to get its mojo back.

The driving forces that have made the world a better place are the scientific advances, rule of law, property rights, representative government, a plurality of political thought, capitalism and the liberalisation of trade, consumer power and win-win international cooperation. But faith in those things is being rocked. We stand on the brink of huge breakthroughs in making the world healthier and wealthier. Without those things that have enabled us to make progress to date, we will fail to make progress in the future.

Last edited:
From our new Secretary of State for Defence:

Penny Mordaunt: The twelve new rules of politics | Conservative Home

7) The West needs to get its mojo back.

The driving forces that have made the world a better place are the scientific advances, rule of law, property rights, representative government, a plurality of political thought, capitalism and the liberalisation of trade, consumer power and win-win international cooperation. But faith in those things is being rocked. We stand on the brink of huge breakthroughs in making the world healthier and wealthier. Without those things that have enabled us to make progress to date, we will fail to make progress in the future.
Better place for who ? certainly the top 5% couldn't ask for anything more in life, especially since borders came down and they could bestride this earth. I would also ask, is our defence aims to defend that 5%, defend the nation or act as an enforcer for globalist money.

She was not at Defence when she wrote that. She was the Secretary of State was at the Department for International Development.

Do you not see the point about a legal framework, separation of powers, and respect for the individual? Bad governance spoils many potentially prosperous societies.

The "Far Right" is the natural voice of the people.
The "Far Left" is only a minority of misguided intellectuals.

The "Far Right" is the natural voice of the people.
The "Far Left" is only a minority of misguided intellectuals.
I disagree with the first sentence. The “far right” is the province of the poorly educated, the hard of thinking, the easily led and confused and the gullible. The evidence is that the hard right have never gained any electoral traction in this country. None. Ever. It is only the preserve of neo-Nazis.

Therefore it is not the natural voice of the people.

I disagree with the second one too. The far left is not a minority of misguided intellectuals. It is a collection of random misfits who are far removed from “intellectuals”, who, almost by definition, are far more nuanced than your simplistic dichotomy.

I will concede that the “far left” consists of a lot of people who think they are profound intellectuals. They’re not.

Your post is meaningless nonsense.