Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by coax-on, Mar 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As you may have read in other threads Rfn Daniel (Kenco) Coffey was laid to rest in Cullompton, Devon on Friday after being killed in action in Basra.

I must say that I was very impressed by the proffessionalism of the young men who carried out the duties of pall bearers and firing parties and those who organised it.

I would also let it be known that the people of Cullompton has restored my faith in what I deemed as the great uncaring civilian population of this country, all the shops closed and the people lined the route from church to cemetary, even the Fire Brigade came out and stood to attention as the procession went past - thank you!

I bumped into an old friend from my spell at the ITC as an instructor - he'd turned up early so went to a pub for a pint before the service with some of his mates and the publican refused to let them pay for the round.

I personally would like to thank everyone involved or who lined the route for making such a sad day go without a hitch and supporting the Family and Friends. I think Daniel would have been impressed to see how many turned out to say good bye.
  2. Yeah read that in the Express and Echo. Went to school in Cullompton. Nice freindly community.

RIP mate, you were part of the big family.