Cuff Links.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by .Sven, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Full on Nonce

0 vote(s)
  2. Mark of a Gentleman

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cuff Links, the mark of a nonce or Gentleman ?

If it is acceptable to wear Cuff Links should I go for plain Gold or ????
  2. Gentleman..

If you are incapable of applying taste and discretion to your choice of design, then stick to plain gold.... :roll:
  3. They scream "I'm more camp than a row of tents"...
  4. ...and as aircrew you are presumably qualified to make such an assessment... :wink:
  5. Ouch!

And...we're off!
  6. Although if your watch band and finger rings are white metal then silver/white gold would be better than yellow gold for cufflinks
  7. Gentleman. Thomas Pink to a good range.
  8. Only regimental or family coat of arms are acceptable :wink:

9. Err, he aint aircrew. He is however RAF so his taste, style and panache is on par with Timmy Mallet.

As with all things, its not simply a case of wearing something that marks you out as a gent, its what you wear and how you wear it.

1. Novelty cufflinks = Nonce
    2. Subtle, quality cufflinks = Gent

However, if you wear a pair of stylish cufflinks with a 'River Island mix 'n' match' shirt/tie combo, you are by default a nonce (or you work at Dixons).

However. Double cuffed shirt (no breast pocket), subtle colours with a stylish cut with a high quality silk tie will allow a wide variety of cuff link styles to be worn without you looking like a social club bingo caller.
  10. Cuff links with a shirt sporting french cuffs but I prefer not to wear them with a plain cuff (e.g. on a more relaxed shirt for wearing without a necktie). Precious metal preferred but silk knots can add a dash of colour and can be more comfortable if you need to type, write etc.
  11. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Well thats a bugger, because the only cufflinks I own have the St George Cross on them.

12. 1. Novelty cuff links= Nonce

13. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Eschew the T-Bar style if possible; proper links have a front and back part connected by a chain link allowing you to show two differing emblems or designs, for example a coat of arms on one side and the corresponding colours on the other if we are talking about a set that pertains to an organisation. You could, of course have the same design on both sides or entirely plain or monogrammed or whatever.

Yes, they are more fiddly to put on but the look is definitely worth it... it speaks of a certain sophistication.
  14. Usually its accepted that you wear gold in the evening (obviously with matching watch/belt buckle etc) and silver during the day. To those who say that cufflinks are gay... what do you use to keep your cuffs done up?