Cue calls for air-weapons to be banned.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Cow

Cow LE

Most likely to be a BB gun, not an air pistol or rifle. However that'll give the anti-weapon people some more mud to sling.
  3. Easy for some of us!:)

Phonetically Us-trad-gun-lice.
  4. Thanks to the activities of the neds, who occasionally manage to shoot their own or their neighbours' offspring, we're likely to get a ban, or an "it might as well be a ban", up north.

The fatality was probably this one.

Edited to add:

as opposed to:

But guns are dangerous, aren't they. And people who own them all vote Tory, anyway ...
  5. How can airguns account for 50-62% of Fireams offenses if they are not considered Firearms??

Sounds a bit like "Police Intelligence" to me?
  6. Yes, I meant "prats" to be shorthand for "heavily politicised statist senior police persons".
  7. Airguns are considered to be Firearms (by the Law). Some are Section 1 Firearms, others are not. Commit a crime with an Air rifle and you'll be charged with a Firearms offence.
  8. I remember as a wee boy, my English mate and I were playing at war armed with the obligatory air pistols and odd air rifle, well to cut a long story short. That English bastard shot me in the arse when I was'nt looking but I got my revenge by holding him down and executing his right testicle. After we both came out of hospital we both got hammered off our parents and banned from shooting each other, this lasted for a week or two. Its all part of growing up.
  9. "Firearm", within the definition of the Firearms Acts, means a lethal barrelled weapon of any description, from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged. It includes any prohibited weapon, whether it is such a lethal weapon as aforesaid or not, and any component part of such a weapon, and any accessory to such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by the firing of the weapon.
    Therefore the definition includes firearms such as rifles, as well as shotguns and air guns.