CSS OMLT Afghanistan

Discussion in 'REME' started by Undercrackers, May 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone please provide any info on the B vehicles the Afghans use. Makes, models, common faults etc etc. Any other info on the ups, downs and gripes from any previous CSS OMLT will be of much use.

2. Ford Ranger 4x4 and International trucks, biggest drama is ...they can't fu**ing drive, and smash them up. Stay away from them on Thursdays. I was OMLT in 2006 with the infantry Kandak, good tour.

Attached Files:

3. As you can see by the above post, they cannot drive for shite. That's without the IED damaged one's

Attached Files:

4. Cheers mate. Any info on their recovery truck.

5. The truck are automatic so are next to shite in the dust/sand off the beaten track, you will have to recover then with you wrecker when out the wire, or get in the cab yourself and drive it out. Don't forget, they never learnt to drive until we got there.

6. [​IMG]

These ones are manual blobmeister.

Common faults I found were the quick release air coupling elbow going into the tank on r/h/s is cheap and nasty, often cracks and leads to lack of air pressure. It is possible to remove the elbow cut off all the cable ties securing the airlines and insert the airline straight into the tank.

Those gay little A frames are a bitch to line up in the desert if the rear vehicle cant move at all.

Oh and the driver being asleep/stoned within seconds should the vehicle in front stop for any reason.

Undercrackers keep a fecking close eye on them if I were you, they will try and piss you about. They had a couple of wagons breakdown so we called up their recovery vehicle and told them to crack on, the ANA bod started trying to blag us that it didn't work because he couldn't be arsed hitching it up. Also if one of them see's his mate getting bogged in this wont deter chummy behind in the slightest, he will simply drive around the other vehicle and bog himself in.

Another thing watch where you step they are dirty bastards and will shit everywhere.

Good luck.

7. Oh and some occasions I was convinced they were stalling just so we could get idf'd.