• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

CSA

On the new system, from September this year.

Basically, my income has shot up from what it was, by a couple of hundred a week. Only downside is I'm working away from home, so as well as paying my share at home for rent and stuff, I'm also stumping up at least £150 per week in lodging and food.

Will they take this into account when they do the new sums?
Also, will they take into account the fact my childrens mother earns double what I do?

Sorry if that's a tad ranty, but they and her have flicked all my switches.... :x

Lampoc said:
On the new system it doesn't matter what your ex earns or how much your outgoings are.

15% net for 1 kid, 20% for 2 etc...

Here's the calculator: https://secureonline.dwp.gov.uk/csa/v2/en/calculate-complete.asp

Although the old system took outgoings into account you are honest to god far far better off on the new system.

Wish I was on the new system... I would be saving about £250 a month :(
Begger me, that's hardly fair though is it? :x

mucus2 said:
Employed.

Does it make a difference?
Well, of course, everyone must be scrupulously honest when declaring where they stand financially to the CSA. If you are employed your firm supplies payslips and it is all very easy. If you are self employed (and depending on what line of work you are in and how you do your invoicing and accounting) it can sometines be a little more opaque.

Some less scrupulous self employed people under-declare their income while overstating their business expenses, meaning that the CSA assessment comes out lower than it otherwise might.

I would recommend that you do not do that and that you are entirely honest and frank in your disclosure.

mucus2 said:
On the new system, from September this year.

Basically, my income has shot up from what it was, by a couple of hundred a week. Only downside is I'm working away from home, so as well as paying my share at home for rent and stuff, I'm also stumping up at least £150 per week in lodging and food.

Will they take this into account when they do the new sums?
Also, will they take into account the fact my childrens mother earns double what I do?

Sorry if that's a tad ranty, but they and her have flicked all my switches.... :x
Your not automatically assessed anymore, so unless your ex asks for you to be reassessed you won't be. So if I were you I would keep stum about the increase in earnings.

From my experience of the CSA I would say bend over and take it like a man coz they will shaft you til you die. Don't tell the ex owt or she'll be on the phone to them before you can sneeze.

As an aside if she's accessed your email accounts etc, is that not illegal?

I agree with kernowpuss as I just gone through a re-assessment as my eldest just turned 16.

You only legally need to inform them of where you live (£1000 fine if you don't), you do not need to declare a change of earnings to the CSA - unless you're paying your weekly bill through your employer (a deduction of earnings I think they call it.).

Also if you ex asks for a reassessment they can only back date your extra income to the time of when they received your ex's request.

You must, just must, take it like a man and pay up. Otherwise it's your kids you're depriving. Could you look them in the eye when they find out? Good luck with sorting it all out

Well i believe they lost in the American Civil War!

However its the Child support agency your after, a few pointers;-

1.15% of your salary for 1 child
20% 2 children
25% 3 children(doent matter how many after that)
2. The ammount gets reduced if they stay with you for weekends/holidays.
3. A court order can be made to take straight out of your wages, NO you cant get it removed, only if your ex agrees otherwise.
They are the basics really. Hope that helps.

vampangua said:
You must, just must, take it like a man and pay up. Otherwise it's your kids you're depriving. Could you look them in the eye when they find out? Good luck with sorting it all out
It's naive to think that every penny collected by CSA goes to the intended reciprients.

fingers_1661 said:
vampangua said:
It's naive to think that every penny collected by CSA goes to the intended reciprients.
Er, yes it does. Every penny that I get taken off me lands straight in my ex's account, nothing short.

Edit : unless you mean that it gets spent on the parent instead of the little one.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
CSA, bunch of robbing cnuts.

Was paying 250.00 for 2 kids, eldest left school and started work. I phoned them to get re-assessed and they increased my payment to 320.00.

"How come I was paying 250.00 for 2 children and now you want 320.00 for 1?"
"Because thats they way it is calculated"
"So how does that work then?"
"We don't make the rules Mr BandT we just enforce them"
"Don't you take into account my current status?"
"Which is?"
"Married again with 2 kids and 1 on the way"
"OK we don't have a record of that, send us the details"
"I have!!!! 3 times"
"We have no record, please send again"

I sent the details off, again, and they increased the payment to 450.00.

After 2 years of arguing with them I now am paying 250.00.

I don't mind paying, but the ex has 2 jobs and earns nearly 3 grand a month.

CNUTS

The children would have had the benefit of total both incomes if you'd stayed together. Belive me, they'll know if a parent is being cheap or if one is putting their own spending ahead of their family duties.
What do you want them to think of you?

cupoftea said:
fingers_1661 said:
Er, yes it does. Every penny that I get taken off me lands straight in my ex's account, nothing short.
I'm pleased to hear it. I resolved the matter by persuading the ex to accept a standing order by mutual agreement & telling the CSA to apply safety catch & dress back to 300.

Latest Threads